Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.X translation pattern

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

I am translating extension 111 after office hrs and weekends by TOD to a GSM number it is working fine for both internal and external users but the problem is I don't want a internal user's calls to be translated to the GSM number I want only external callers call should be translated, Is it possible ???

Thanks

9 Replies 9

sysjes
Level 1
Level 1

Internal users should have unique calling search space from incoming gateway.  Something similar to this:

Gateway

gateway_xlate_css

gateway_xlate_pt

internal_pt

Users

site_css

tod_pt

site_pt

internal_pt

outbound_pt

Dear sysjes

Can you elaborate more I didn't understood, 

Internal users calls should not be translated to GSM this is my goal so the traffic is going from inside to outside but from your above replies if I am not wrong you are mentioning for the PSTN  inbound calls??

This all done with CSS and partitions, you just need to adjust your config to do what you want.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

sorry the tod_pt would belong in the gateway_css instead of the site_css.

Hello sysjes

Translation pattern

ext:111

pt : helpdesk_TOD

CSS:  GSM_pt

Internal_pt

CSS-Gateway

helpdesk_TOD

Internal_pt

Is it the configuration above correct Pls confirm, I am confused can you write a steps for the extension 111 which is been assigned to Helpdesk_PT, what partition I have to choose in the translation pattern and the translation pattern CSS which partition should not be included.

thanks

Yes.  That's about it.  Change your DN/Xlate partition to helpdesk_TOD and add the helpdesk_TOD to the Gateway CSS.  AS long as the gateway css (outside callers) and the internal callers css are different this should work for you.

Dear Sysjes,

things are not working to me as expected will put everything  below.

extension 111:  helpdesk_pt

extension 111:  EM_PT

CSS_HELPDESK: GSM,LANDLINE,INTERNAL,EM_PT

#############################################

Extension 112: internal_PT

extension 112:  EM_PT

CSS_Employee: GSM,LANDLINE,HELPDESK_PT ,EM_PT

###############################################

TRANSLATION PATTERN:

EXTENSION: 111

PARTITION: TRANSLATE-AFTR-4

CSS_TRANSLATE-AFTR-4: GSM,LANDLINE

TRANSLATE TO:  9898989898

CSS-GATEWAY: GSM,LANDLINE,TRANSLATE-AFTR-4,INTERNAL,HELPDESK_PT ,EM_PT

After doing the above configuration when a internal user calls 111 after 4 pm the call is route to GSM number

Thanks

Can you run dial number analyzer on that phone against 111?  Take a look at the call flow. That phone should not have access to translate-after-4 partition.  Check to make sure there is no other translations or directory numbers that forwards or translates to the external number.  

Hi,

To achieve what you are asking:

- Create a time period and a time schedule accordingly with your needs.

- Create a new partition e.g. 111_AfterHours and apply the previously created time schedule.

- Create a separate CSS e.g. From_Gateway and put the previously created partition ate the top of  the list and include also other partitions that gateway needs to reach internal extensions.

- Apply that CSS to incoming calling search space on gateway configuration.

- Create a Route pattern 111 , fill the called party transformation mask with the GSM you want to call and put this RP in 111_AfterHours partition

- Do NOT apply the newly create CSS to IP Phones DN

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: