Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5.1 and 6921

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have upgraded a system from 7.1 to 12.5. Upgrade went OK

What we see is that on the 6921 (SCCP) the feature buttons for transfer and conference don't work. As a softkey template I selected "Cisco User with Feature Hardkeys" and "Cisco Feature with Feature Hardkeys" But not working. When you press Transfer or Conference, absolutely nothing is hapeneing

On version 7.1.5 these buttons were working fine

Any one seen this issue?

JH

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don’t recall a feature introduction in CUCM that would intentionally change this behavior.
Does the CUCM SDL trace show the SCCP event arriving from the phone? If not, does the phone console log recognize the button press? Those answers would help you decide whether to open a TAC case against the phone firmware or CUCM itself.

Hi

I made it work now.

I had to create a softkey template with in connected state Conferencing and Transfer assigned

And then the hardkeys for transfer and conference started to work. In my lab I have 88XX and 99XX phones and even without any softkey template the hardkeys for Transfer and Conference are working

Also I did a migration from CUCM 7.1.5 on MCS to 12.5 on UCS, so all configuration should be preserved, and we never had any issues on 7.1.5

Anyway, it is working now

Thanks

Jan

I’m glad to hear that you found a workaround. That is not expected behavior though. Assuming you do not see an existing defect published for the firmware version you are running, I suggest opening a TAC case to get this fixed/patched - for yourself and other customers.

I find enough problems with Cisco software (and the website) that I hardly have the time and energy to report them. I do sometimes, but it's situational for me. How busy is my schedule, what am I working on in the moment, did I sleep well that night, etc. It's a double edge sword, but if Cisco had an easier method to report problems, I would report them more often. E.g., Just submit an email with some screenshots and attachments to support@cisco.com or something. Kind of like how I report PSIRT issues. Anyway, I'll end with, I agree that we should all report our issues, even if we put a workaround in, because it just makes the product better, and helps others. Nice comment!