cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 - How to undo/redo LDAP sync

pdx99
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings - As part of an in-progress CUCM 12.5 setup, I've setup and run LDAP synchronization with our AD.

I'd like to know how I can undo the LDAP synch and start over from scratch. I believe I can delete the existing search bases (I'm using eight), but I'm unclear on how to remove the already synched user accounts. I'm also not sure if I need to deselect "Enable Synchronizing from LDAP Server" and then re-select to start over.

Information as to how to start over with an LDAP/AD synch would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have two options

A) Wait for the garbage disposal mechanism to delete the inactive LDAP users

B) Turn the LDAP users into local users, to then delete them along with the LDAP configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply.

Is this a correct method?

1) Delete the search bases

2) De-select "Enable Synchronizing from LDAP Server"

3) Since these accounts have never been active, garbage disposal process will run at 3:15 am tomorrow morning and all synched end user accounts will be deleted

Regarding "Turn the LDAP users into local users" is there some way to do that in bulk rather than selecting "Convert LDAP Synchronized User to Local User" for each user?

Thanks

1) Deleted the search bases at app 5pm PST yesterday. This changed User Status to Inactive LDAP Synchronized User on all users

2) Assume the garbage disposal process ran at 3:15 PST this morning (is there a way to confirm that it ran?)

3) All users still present

Not clear of process to remove users?

- Wait for garbage disposal process to run again and (for some reason) it will delete the user accounts on the next run, even though it didn't delete them on the (assumed) 3:15 am run this morning?

or

- Select All end users then Delete Selected?

That's not how this works, read here

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab12/collab12/directry.html#43363

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Based on the document it looks like a user has to have been inactive for 24 hours before the garbage collection process will delete it from the db. So tomorrow morning's garbage collection process should delete the accounts in my scenario

If someone has more pressing time constraints would Select All end users then Delete Selected do the same thing as waiting for the garbage collection process?