Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 License Smart Reservation

kashif2401
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am stuck in some issue here, CUCM 12.5 had 164- 8865 phones and 316-7821 phones registered,  I did smart license reservation and installed 1200 enhance licenses, after that 164 devices are showing licensed and authorized but 316 basic licenses are showing not authorized which means 7821 phones are not using that enhance license, but I have read and also seen that 7821 would take enhanced license when available.

kindly support me in solving this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Instead of assigning enhanced 1200 , you  can borrow the basic license from enhanced  during the Smart licensing reservation.

1.PNG

Response Signature

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

License reservation provides limited or no functionality to certain smart licensing features such as transfer of licenses between products, license usage, asset management and so on.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst_slr/b-169-9000-series-SLR-cg/b-169-9000-series-SLR-cg_chapter_00.html

Response Signature

I am looking for issue on 7821 phones not using enhance licenses which are already on the CUCM

7821 phones need basic license not enhanced. 

On License  reservation mode, not sure if it can be borrowed from upper tier.

Response Signature

yes it needs minimum of basic license but as per cisco in general for other versions so far, 7821 does take enhance license when there are no basic licenses available, in my previous sites of CUCM 11.5, we have used only enhance for 7821 as well

is there any document from cisco that shows its no longer supported in this way

I do face an issue , borrowing from Starter Bundle. But my case is not License reservation.

Have a look on below Bug too.

CSCvh16069

Response Signature

it may help actually by making it require enhance license, but there are too many phones and end user is not that educated about this system.

Eagerly waiting for your response tomorrow

Whats the license usage showing on your CUCM.My another system, its borrowing from upper tier.

below mentioned is my usage and the smart account usage.

2.PNG1.PNG

Response Signature

yes exactly it should happen like this, higher tier should be able to utilize if available, mine it show something like this

I am using license reservation model, this capture is from CUCM licensing

Instead of assigning enhanced 1200 , you  can borrow the basic license from enhanced  during the Smart licensing reservation.

1.PNG

Response Signature

so you are trying to say that 1200 enhanced licenses can be divided as enhance+basic  at the time of reservation, example- 1200 enhance can be given reserved as 500 enhance and 700 basic, correct?

Yes it should be assigned during the reservation.

Response Signature

So in that case, first I have to return/remove the license/product instance and then start over again

may be tomorrow i will take the remote again and try this

What is the reason for that you use license reservation?

Response Signature

its kind of government confidential site, so there won't be any internet access in the network

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: