Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 License Smart Reservation

kashif2401
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am stuck in some issue here, CUCM 12.5 had 164- 8865 phones and 316-7821 phones registered,  I did smart license reservation and installed 1200 enhance licenses, after that 164 devices are showing licensed and authorized but 316 basic licenses are showing not authorized which means 7821 phones are not using that enhance license, but I have read and also seen that 7821 would take enhanced license when available.

kindly support me in solving this

32 Replies 32

Can you not use a disconnect on-prem SSM that you manually upload to/from the cloud SSM on a regular schedule?

Response Signature

Unfortunately no Roger, if it was a one time thing, we could have convinced them to let us connect the servers to internet but regular/scheduled connection is not possible

Its highly secure site where you can't have internet access

It does not need to have access to the internet. You can do manual uploads to/from the on-prem SSM to the account on the cloud SSM with an offline file transfer. As such it’s an air tight gap between the on-prem SSM and the cloud SSM.

Response Signature

Sorry I forgot to mention that in future we too won't  have access to their servers for such synchs

Write a guideline to guide the customer on how to maintain the Smart Licensing with the on-prem SSM in an air tight deployment model.

Response Signature

I am afraid, at this site, from End user there is no one to whom we can give such responsibility

Thanks Nithin, I am trying to schedule remote access with end user, hopefully i can try your given solution tomorrow 

Hi, Now I got the remote access and done the removing product instance part

but now its hitting some new bug, when I am trying to issue license request command on CUCM, its saying Agent is not enabled.

I did restart CUCM, services and disabled and enable license reservation

too many issues in this

There was a COP file i used before reservation but not sure if that is applicable to your case.

Response Signature

can you tell me which cop file you used?

is it 

ciscocm-ucm-resetudi.k3.cop.sgn

Even I have installed this COP file but still the same issue, what it did though is reset the the evaluation period back to 90 days.

its showing as bug CSCvp17210 but its without any workaround/resolution.

Better to contact TAC

Response Signature

Yes, did  already.. tomorrow they will take access and i will update tom how it goes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: