Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12 / Smart Licensing / Compliance Question

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I have a question around CUCM 12.0 and Smart Licensing, in terms of how licence compliance is managed when multiple clusters reference the same Smart Account and Virtual Account.   As I understand it all licences of a given type, added to a single SA/VA, are summarised into a single line item with the total count.  So for example if two clusters are deployed each with say 100 CUWL licences, the SA/VA will show a single count of 200 licences.   

So my question is if one of those two clusters increases it's licensing requirements, so that the two clusters together require more than 200 licences, do both clusters go into non-compliance, or just the one whose requirements have increased?

Thanks, Tony S

3 Replies 3

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

It should be only the cluster that is using more than it originally started off with, that will go into out of compliance. E.g. CUCM 12.X licenses exceed the CUCM licenses available in Software Manager/Smart Account.

Note from here also https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_0_1/systemConfig/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1201/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1201_chapter_011.pdf

Usage information is updated once every 6 hours automatically

Thanks

ashish

Response Signature

As I understand once we have 200 licenses in smart account we need to specifically allocate say 100 and 100 to two cucms. We can change this allocation at any time via smart account.

So as per our allocation out of total license which ever cucm exceeds it will show 🚨 alert.

Hope that is helpful.

***Please do rate and select solutions if applicable

"As I understand once we have 200 licenses in smart account we need to specifically allocate say 100 and 100 to two cucms. We can change this allocation at any time via smart account."

Thanks for the update, that is the bit that I was missing.  Could you clarify where that is set?   I can't see it either in the Product Instance or the licence itself in Smart Licensing.

Thanks, Tony S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: