Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.2: ATA firmware upgrade fails

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Networker,

We have upgraded CUCM from version 4.1 to version 6.1. The upgrade was done successfully.

After the upgrade , of the CUCMwe wanted to make an upgrade of the ATAs firmware.

We have uploaded the firmware (3.2(4)) successfully on the CallManager cluster. The issue is that the ATAs did not upgrade their firmware!

we have restarted the tftp server on the callmanager server, we even restarted the whole cluster but still the issue persists!

It's the first time that i see such issue.

Can you please give me an idea about this issue and how could be resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

26 Replies 26

What version of CUCM do you have?

We have a CUCM 6.1.2.1000-13 CLuster:

- 1 Publisher (IP 172.29.0.1)

- 2 Subscribers (IP 172.29.0.2 & 172.29.0.3)

I have made a wireshark capture, after deleting the old firmwatr file (*.zup) from the TFTP server and reset the ATA.

Please find attached the traces.

The IP address of the ATA (in the Wireshark traces) is 172.29.1.195.

The CCM TFTP Server IP address is 172.29.0.1

Thanks in advance.

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that ATA 3.2(4) does not like CUCM 6.1. I have upgraded my ATAs to 3.2.3, which is compatible with 6.1 and they work a lot more reliably with fax passthrough. I still have a TAC case open on this so will post again if a resolution is possible on 3.2.4.

OK thanks for your help.

Hi,

I was able to upgrade to Version 3.2.4. I used the Phone based Method.

1. Download the ZIP File for 3.2.4 SCCP.

2. Run sata186us.exe -h<> ATA030204SCCP090202A.zup

3. Attach a Phone to the ATA on Port 1. Follow the Steps printed on the console during lauch of sata186us.exe in Step 2.

Thats all.

Thomas

Did anyone manage to find out why tftp upgrades from callmanager didn,t work. I have the same problem and i can't use the sata186 method as all sites are remote..?

This is bug in the CUCM, what you can do is create a new CUCM group and one DP add all the ATAs there and do the firmware upgrade.

Thanks for that Info. Can you tell us in which version this bug will be fixed or at least the bug ID if it is public ?

Thanks

Thomas

The bug is not Fix yet.

Bugs:

CSCsr45184

CSCsd44357

Hi, can you tell me how this helps the ATA code upgrade?  I have the same problem and want to upgrade the code on my ATAs.

What does the new CUCM group and Device Pool do to help?

Thanks,  Jim

The new CUCM group and the device pool is one of the work arrounds that we have in order to fix the issue. Also you could try to use and external TFTP server for this or upgrade the code manually, or finally follow the process that is listed under the bug description.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: