Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.2 TFTP file management

egua5261
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I need to upload a background image to the TFTP location of the 6.1.2 appliance so that it can be selected from within User Preferences in the IP communicator phones. The image file extension is .png. Can anyone please assist on how to do this?

Much appreciated,

Esteban Guana

9 Replies 9

sgrice8035
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue.

I have tried a few different things.

/Desktops/320x212x16/

/Desktops/320x212x16

\Desktops\320x212x16

etc with no luck. I know you have to restart the tftp service on both sub and pub and load the files on both also. But the files do not show up.

danieltapia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends.

I'm trying to change the images and so far I did not have success. Follow the steps it says on the page but not eh achieved.

You have been able to do? How?

I have CCM 6.1.2 and ip phone 7960, and ip communicator.

Thank you!

7960 does not accept background images, only idle URL

for IPC follow the 7970 instructions

Full size image-320 pixels (width) X 212 pixels (height).

Thumbnail image-80 pixels (width) X 53 pixels (height).

Directory "Desktops/320x212x12"

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi, I'm confused. I'm trying to get an idle or a background image on a cucm 6.X platform. All of the links etc tell me to load the image on the tftp server. Well I am using cucm's as the tftp server for the phones so don't have access to the directory used in ccm4.X. Do I need an additional tftp server or just a webserver?

Thanks

idle background does not requires a TFTP, just a web server after you create the page

HTH

java

HTH

java

Okay, now I'm totally confused. I'm trying to do the same thing: Get a customized background image to work on CUCM. Perhaps I'm still in the windows mind-set, but where do we upload the IPPhoneimagelist XML file to? And how do we include this file in the list of services presented when hit the IP phone "services" button. All the CCO doc is so generic and just refers you to other generic procedures.

I will continue to scout out NetPro because it seems I'm not the only one having conceptual difficulty with CUCM phone images.

THANKS!

I am also looking into altering background images. I Googled "CUCM 6.1 7975 admin" and found a pdf by Cisco on phone support which details steps needed.....but it is less than clear :o(

Andy, I was just making it more difficult than what it is. When you go to upload the files, specify the directory as it states below and upload the file. Then reboot the phone and go to "Settings", "user preferences" and "background images" and it should be there. You may have to stop/start TFTP on your CUCM:

Step 2 Upload the new PNG files that you created to the following subdirectory in the TFTP server for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager:

/Desktops/320x196x4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The file name and subdirectory parameters are case sensitive. Be sure to use the forward slash "/" when you specify the subdirectory path.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To upload the files, choose Software Upgrades > Upload TFTP Server File in Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: