cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 6.1.3 change DN from 4 digits to 5/6

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

friends i have cucm 6.1.3 and becz of my MSN/DId which i am getting are having different digits i am forced to move from 4 digits to 5 digits extension...

right now my extension are 3000 series and my head number 554 - 3XXX series ... but now when i am taking the DID from my provider i am not getting 554 series and the new series is 557 so my new DIDs are not working... had a discussion with my provider and he said instead of 4 significant digits in DN we have to  consider 5 digits.. so i guess we have to convert our DNs from 4 digits...to 5... or is there other way of doing this .. please advise.

44 Replies 44

we have 7 digits number here. phone numbers. 

no just changed but still main line number

i tried this.. right now what is selected is "all" and i changed it to 4 but nothing happened... reset it also :(

Hi

1-Can you also go to Cisco MGCP gateway and make 

no mgcp

mgcp

2-After ITSP shange 5543XXX to 5573XXX the last 3 digits after 3 still same or changed also.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

to answer this in simple terms ... nothing is changing form ITSP everything is staying same.. its just the new DIDs i am requesting are from the new series.. and not from my hunt, main line number series.. so there is no change in internal  DNs its just when i am configuring the new DIDs from the new series its not working as inbound also and while dialing out only the main line number is getting displayed ... not the DID number...

though internally all is working fine.. i can dial in and out new extension

Collect the CUCM traces and attach it here .Also mention the time of the call.

Thanks

Manish

Can you plz let me know what is set at significant digits under call routing  Information - inobound calls. to check this go to cucm -> device -> mgcp gateway -> E1 port (you will see s0/su0/ds1- .....) on this page you will find it.

and also plz tell "Caller ID DN" on the same page

Suresh

significant 4

called ID DN - blank

I think, caller ID issue for outbound call can be resolved by putting 557XXXX under "Caller ID DN" here, but for inbound calls you need to attach suggested logs.

Suresh

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Can you share your gateway information , H323 or MGCP?.If you are using MGCP you have to go suresh solution CUCM-device-gateway - on the page "you will find inboud calls -significant digits "select 4".

If you are using H323 , so you to do a translation-pattern for all incoming calls as the below:-

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^.*\(3...\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile DID

translation called-number 1

dial-peer voice 100 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-in-dial

translation-profile incoming DID

Thanks

hi Kamal

i have cucm 6.1.3 and Cisco router having ISDN lines terminating on it with MGCP config.

there is no config done on router apart line termination as all is done by my CUCM

Hi

Looks focus for now for incoming call, just try the following based on MGCP

If you are using MGCP you have to go suresh solution CUCM-device-gateway - on the page "you will find inboud calls -significant digits "select 4".

Thanks

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK, question here:

You already have 554-3XXX, right??

Are they SWAPPING you to a new DID range??? In this case 557-3XXX??

OR did you ask for a NEW range, hoping to get something in the 554 XXXX range, but instead they told you they could only provide you with a range on 557XXXX, and that new range overlaps with your old range??

Because otherwise, the suggestion to go from 4 to 5 digits doesn't make sense

Because if you got a new range, and now have 554-3XXX and 557-3XXX, they're right, you NEED to swap to 5 digits, no other way around, or go full E.164.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ok here comes java.. thanks for reply... now i am again going to put what is the scenario..

my current line number is 554 XXXX with DN of last 4 digit numbers.. now i went to my ITSP and asked for DID and they told me they dont have a DID in 554 series but they can give me a DID in 557 series..and i thought there should be no problem .. so they assigned me a number 557 2030 and i configured the DN 2030 on the phone and i am able to dial internally and extension is working fine.. but when i am dialing out from this extension the main line number is displaying which is from 554 XXXX series and not 557 2030 and when i am trying to dial in to this DID i am not able to .. call is getting dropped... so i am not sure what i am missing .. if i am on the right track .. are we discussing the right thing here...

OK, If the DID ranges overlap, no alternative, you need to change them to 5 digits to make them unique.

I would guess it shows a 554 when calling out, because that's how you have it configured, and have not adjusted it to show 557. Have you??

As for inbound calls, debug it and see the cause to then fix it. No way to tell you what's wrong if you don't debug the call in the first place.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi java.. you said above inc ase of calling out it shows 554 because this is the way its configured.. but in case of my other DIDs i never configured anything extra its just i configured a DN and when i dial out form that DN i get the DID displayed as caller ID so can you please guide me what i am missing in case of dialing out DID caller ID config.

and for the over lapping.. no there is no over lapping of DN.. its a single site and just the new DIDs are from a seperate series but no over lap fo my current .. my main line 554 XXXX is not having any DID so they gave me 557 2030.