cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 6.1.3 change DN from 4 digits to 5/6

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

friends i have cucm 6.1.3 and becz of my MSN/DId which i am getting are having different digits i am forced to move from 4 digits to 5 digits extension...

right now my extension are 3000 series and my head number 554 - 3XXX series ... but now when i am taking the DID from my provider i am not getting 554 series and the new series is 557 so my new DIDs are not working... had a discussion with my provider and he said instead of 4 significant digits in DN we have to  consider 5 digits.. so i guess we have to convert our DNs from 4 digits...to 5... or is there other way of doing this .. please advise.

44 Replies 44

Hi Jatin,

when u are making a call from extension 2030 , what appears in debug of router under calling number ?

regds,

aman

dear aman please see below screen

Hi JAtin,

can u try configuring 5572030 on your IP phone and check for outgoing number ?

regds,

aman

hi aman

configuring 557 2030 as line number i am able to dial out with the right number means 557 2030 is coming .. which is fantastic.. but i am not able to dial in now.. and extensions also not working because i dont have 2030 now ...

when dialing in it saying number not assigned.

Hi Jatin,

Change the ext back to 2030 and on the same page (line) go to directory Number Configuration page and Scroll down to External Phone Number Mask and enter the number 5572030 and apply.

Or please go through the below link carefully, you should resolve it.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/10051/how-change-caller-id-display-one-number-another-and-external-phone-number-mask

Suresh

no suresh ... no go ;( still displaying main line not DID.

Hi Jatin,

Is the problem resolved ?

regds,

aman

hi aman yes.it is solved now... link provided by suresh worked for me.. thanks for your support also

thanks suresh.. you above link worked as charm.. this is what i was looking for since some time to have a full procedure.. lovely.. thanks again.. for all the people who helped :) working now

mrng frnds... any update for me . please advise. i tried all but not good. :(

HI

1- How did you fix the inbound calls ?.

2-Did you configure external number on phone DN?.

3- Go to RP , for example mobile and under RP you will find 

"Check the box for Use Calling Party's External PHONE" , please do not check

and type  "5573XXX"  on calling party transformation mask .After this when you dial from 3001 it will match 5573XXX and the output will be 5573001.

Note: you have to know how is the call go out with 7 digits 10 digits and .If you did a debug isdn q931 it will help us to see how many digits to give you the correct

Thanks

please rate all useful information

hi kamal,,,

1. significant digits set to 4.

2. no .. on phone its only 2030 configured

3. i dint uderstood the 3rd point.. i have extension which are from 6XXX series and the new did is 557 2030.. so how this will match your above statement. please

HI

1-Great the inbound solution work with you.

2-For outbound give me only one extension number  to do test  .As 2030.

3- how many digits you need to send out?..I hope to write down as xxx5573xxx exactly match as you see for outbound call when dial from ext to mobile number.

Thanks

ok for outbound my extension is 2030 my DID is 557 2030 my main line number is 554 6006

send out will be the full phone number is guess... the DID number 557 2030

HI

So when you dial from 2030 the main circuit number 5546006 appear on you cell phone , only 7 digits , please confirm.

I have a question .

Q-under RP of mobile phone can you take a look to see if you enable calling party external phone number mask and if there is any existing share with me .

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: