One of our customer wants to upgrade their CUCM servers to 9.0 version on UCS.
Their current callmanagers version is 6.1(4) running on HP DL380-G5 servers. I have checked that we can do direct upgrade to 9.0 using bridged upgrade procedure, using the following two link:
So I came out with the following:
- •1- Prepare all required Communications Manager 9.0 licenses.
- •2- Disable the Cisco Extension Mobility service
- •3- Check currently installed COP files to identify any special considerations related to upgrading Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- •4- There is a known issue with upgrades from Unified CM 6.x or 7.x. Upgrades from these releases may fail with the upgrade installdb log indicating a communication or connection issue in BulkMigration. This issue is noted in CSCts34871. The workaround is to reboot the system and perform the upgrade again. See CSCts34871 in Bug Toolkit on Cisco.com for further details.
- •5- Upgrade the first node in the cluster (the publisher node).
- •6- Upgrade the subsequent nodes in the cluster (the subscriber nodes).
- •7- Switch over the first node to the upgraded partition.
- •8- Switch over subsequent nodes to the upgraded partition.
- •9- Using the new Cisco Unified Communications Manager version on your discontinued first node server, perform a DRS backup
- •10- Verify database synchronization between all nodes.
- •11- Disconnect your discontinued server from the network.
- •12- Install the new Cisco Unified Communications Manager version on your new supported first node server. (With same IP and hostname as old servers).
- •13- Using the new Cisco Unified Communications Manager version on your new supported first node server, perform the Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide procedure "Restoring the First Node only (Rebuilding the Publisher Alone)". First, select only select the first node for restore.
- •14- Perform step 13 for subscribers.
- •1- Disconnect new servers from network and connect old CUCM servers back to network.
- •2- From Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose System > Enterprise Parameters Configuration.The Enterprise Parameters Configuration window displays:
Set the Prepare Cluster for Rollback to pre-8.0 enterprise parameter to True.
- •3- Wait ten minutes for the Cisco Unified IP Phones to automatically restart and register with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- •4- Revert each server in the cluster to the previous release.
- •5- utils dbreplication reset all on the publisher server
Is the above procedure correct? Do I need to perform refresh upgrade before that?