Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 Name resolution does not match the Publisher

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Any clues how to troubleshoot this issue? The Publisher is reporting this issue for both Subscribers. I've checked the Reporting and replication shows '2'.

Rich

3 Replies 3

adbaker
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not TAC but I did a little digging and this may be a problem if the DNS server configured on each of the nodes is different. It was recognised and has been resolved in the 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 release trains (Bug id

CSCso71932) but the workaround was to configure the same DNS on every node in the cluster.

Can you offer a little background on your issue? What has happened to cause this? Have you upgraded recently, added new servers etc?

Hi Ade,

DNS is same on all servers. This issue has been present since install. The guy who built it had a some issues with the Subscriber so rather than fix it he built the CMG around it!!! (to exclude it!). I added it into the CMG rebooted servers and had these problems since. Occassionally get issues trying to reboot phones via GUI but phones ignore Reset request.

Cheers

Rich

I think a TAC case might be in order to get this resolved. The problem has been present since install and so I don't think it's going to be terribly simple. Before that you could consider upgrading to the latest patch release 6.1.(5)SU3

Ade

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: