cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.0.2 Directory Numbers (Internal Caller ID)

Hello,

I am trying to mask the internal caller ID on Call Manager 7.0.2 from showing the directory number. In the phone's Directory Properties page, I have replaced the line 1 Display (Internal Caller ID) to show Private (0000). When I call a telephone from my station the Internal caller ID that show is Private (0000) (4406). How can I block or mask the real directory number from showing up?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Go thru this link, it will help you understand what you need

You can look the specific doc for your version but the theory is exactly the same

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

From what I understand you are saying, both of your devices are in the same partition and you are trying to restrict/modify number presentation between these to lines/phones. I don't think this will work as you will need to have the phones in 2 seperate partitions to allow the Translation pattern to do its thing.

In short you should have something like this:

Phone 1 --> Directory Number '7024' in Partition 'PT1' with CSS 'CSS_1'

Phone 2 --> Directory Number '7201' in Partition 'PT2' with CSS 'CSS_2'

CSS_1 does NOT contain the Partition of 'PT2'

CSS_2 does NOT contain the Partition of 'PT1'

A Translation Pattern of 'TP_1' with Pattern '72XX' in Partition 'PT1' with a CSS of 'CSS_2' (and Calling Line/Name restrictions in place)

A Translation Pattern of 'TP_2' with Pattern '70XX' in Partition 'PT2' with a CSS of 'CSS_1' (and Calling Line/Name restrictions in place)

Also keep in mind that you have the CSS applied appropriately to the Device and/or Line of your Directory Numbers (as CUCM concatenates CSS's when they appear on a Directory Numbers Device and Line).

Hope this helps,

John D.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Not sure what have you done so far but you can try with translation pattern: XXXX where you only change Calling Party Transform Mask to 0000 or whatever you want to use.

Ok

I setup a Translation pattern of XXXX

with a Calling search space of Internal

I checked Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask

Set the Calling party transform mask to 0000

Is this correct? If it is, it did not work.

You don't need External Phone Number Mask, second use traces to check if you hit this translation pattern. For testing I would use separate CSS and partition to make things clear.

Go thru this link, it will help you understand what you need

You can look the specific doc for your version but the theory is exactly the same

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

create a partision called internal-1

assigned to to your translation patteren

in the device you are calling from make sure that the internal-1 partition listed first one ( before any internal partiton)

make sure the urgent priority is checked in the translation pattren setting page

also make sure the CSS of the translation pattren has access to your internal phones

good luck

if helpful Rate

Ok. This is what i have done:

I have created an Testing_PT (Partition) and a Testing_Campus_CSS (Calling Search Space).

I place the Testing_PT in the Testing_Campus_CSS. This is the only Partiton in the Testing_Campus_CSS Calling Search Space.

The Translation Pattern created has the following attributes:

Translation Patter:                 XXXX

Partition:                              Testing_PT

Calling Search Space:           Testing_Campus_CSS

Calling Line ID Presentation:  Restricted

Calling Name Presentation:    Restricted

I have two telephones ext 7024 and 7201 both in the Testing_PT and Testing_Campus_CSS.

Both telephones can call each other and the directory number for each telephone shows. Can you guys see anything wrong with what I am doing?

From what I understand you are saying, both of your devices are in the same partition and you are trying to restrict/modify number presentation between these to lines/phones. I don't think this will work as you will need to have the phones in 2 seperate partitions to allow the Translation pattern to do its thing.

In short you should have something like this:

Phone 1 --> Directory Number '7024' in Partition 'PT1' with CSS 'CSS_1'

Phone 2 --> Directory Number '7201' in Partition 'PT2' with CSS 'CSS_2'

CSS_1 does NOT contain the Partition of 'PT2'

CSS_2 does NOT contain the Partition of 'PT1'

A Translation Pattern of 'TP_1' with Pattern '72XX' in Partition 'PT1' with a CSS of 'CSS_2' (and Calling Line/Name restrictions in place)

A Translation Pattern of 'TP_2' with Pattern '70XX' in Partition 'PT2' with a CSS of 'CSS_1' (and Calling Line/Name restrictions in place)

Also keep in mind that you have the CSS applied appropriately to the Device and/or Line of your Directory Numbers (as CUCM concatenates CSS's when they appear on a Directory Numbers Device and Line).

Hope this helps,

John D.

Hi Guys;

I did set my RP as John explain and so far it's working.

The only problem I have is when I set my Traslation Pattern name = 7024 (for example) is working but when I replace it by 70XX it's display the extension .

Did some one have this problem before ?

Ryad M

Thanks

Woow, this was very helpful for me. Tks!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: