cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.02 - Change DHCP for a phone or which tftp server to use

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

I have upgraded all phones in my cluster except for a group of phones in Tokyo , they all have this TERM61.DEFAULT .. I want to upgrade them to a newer version , but keeps failing.  It is not going to the 1st TFTP server but the alternate.  That alternate server I think is having some ohter issue... but real question is how do I change individual phones to go look at a the 1st tftp server or another tftp server.  Want to see if it can gets it load from the other server(s).    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No you cant change tftp from CUCM. You can change TFTP in two places

1. DHCP

2. Manually on the phone

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use set the phones to use "alternate tftp" and there you specify the ip address of the TFTP server you want to use.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I am in the US and the phone is in Tokyo.  Is there a way for me to change the tftp server for a particular phone from the Call Manager Admin ?  I think your reply may indicated to make the change fromt eh phone instrument itself .....  We have a language barrier so I am hoping that there is a way to do this from here in the US from the Call Manager.

No you cant change tftp from CUCM. You can change TFTP in two places

1. DHCP

2. Manually on the phone

thanks,  I was afraid that was the answer. 

Hi

you can use DHCP of the Publisher (Call manager) for youre phones so IP address and firmware will be through the publisher . To do that  you have to ways

1- Configure your CM as DHCP .You have to enable (DHCP moitor service). configure DHCP and DHCP subnet which will be used for the IP phones and i do not recommend that because you use CUCM v7 and there is a bug for this and you have some steps to solve this issue .

2- You can use the gateway which is for Tokyo and enable DHCP kindly find the below configuration

ip dhcp pool VOICE

network 177.1.11.0 255.255.255.0                  ( network subnet)

default-router 177.1.11.1                                 (your IP subnet)

option 66 ip 177.1.10.10                                  (IP of your CUCM)

option 150 ip 177.1.10.10                                (IP of your CUCM)

exit

Thank you

please rate if this will help