Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.3 Incorrect Time 7940 (Hour Out) October 2010

Jason Nash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

Has anyone else found a problem with the time shifting an hour forward on the first generation Cisco 7940's this morning. We are running CUCM 7.1.3.30000-1 and all of our SCCP 7940's are running firmware load 'P00308010200' with CUCM date/time groups set to the '(GMT) Europe/London*' timezone. It is as if the last Sunday in October daylight savings have kicked in a week early.

All CUCM nodes have the correct date/time and all of the newer java based Cisco 7942s ('SCCP42.8-5-3S') and 7941's ('SCCP41.8-5-3S') are fine showing the correct date/time.

Sounds like we could have a phone load or CUCM bug, just about to get this logged with Cisco. Not causing major issues at this time apart for generating calls to our support desk!

Jason

65 Replies 65

I have just had the same update from TAC as Fernando lists. Just to confirm the current workaround is as follows.

1. Using CUCM Admin go to: System---Date / Time Group

2. Create new Date / Time group with one hour back/forward of local time.

3. Go to System --- Device pool

4. Create a New Device pool and assign the (one hour back/forward Date time group) to this device pool.

5. Assign the new Device pool to Cisco IP Phones that are displaying the incorrect time.

Else it is just a case of waiting for a fix (or Sunday when the time will be correct!). Will update if I hear anything further.

Hello everybody

I was testing 7.1.5b SU1

Tested and it is not affected.

I looked further deep and found that the 7.1.3 TZ Updater is version 2009p

In my 7.1.5 the TZ Updater is 2010i which is why it is not affected.

CSCtg50448    DST: Update CM for Olson TZ ver 2010i

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtg50448

Thanks
Fernando

Hi Fernando

a question I'm looking to move my cluster the CallManager version 7.1 (5) SU1, you know if the same version as yours the  7.1.5b su1

thanks

Hello  Rogelio

I am running 7.1(5b)su2  (my mistake)

It is available in CCO.

The 7.1.5.SU1 is different and as far as i see from the defect details, it is affected so you will see the same issue.

Thanks
Fernando

For CUCM 7.1.3 there is already a similar file that will be posted on CCO.

I have no ETA for the file publishing yet.

(I am checking if i am allowed to post the file in the support forum)

At this point the file that can be obtain through TAC channels. Name: OCT-DST-2010-CSCtg50448

Fernando

Fernando Rivas Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all

Final answer would be:

For those in CUCM 7.1.3
There will be a file in CCO shortly.
In the meantime i am attaching the file needed in this message:

Installation Instructions:

• Installation to all machines in the cluster is required
  • As with any installation or upgrade, it is recommended that you  apply       this Update during off peak hours.
  • When applying this Package be advised that a clusterwide reboot is       required.
  • It is also recommended that this update be installed on all  machines in       the cluster before the cluster is rebooted.
  • This COP file applies only to UCM 7.1.3       versions before 7.1.3.33031-1

Hello,

thank you for uploading the file for UCM Versions prior to 7.1.3.33031. We use 7.1.3.32900-4 and have this problem at one customer cluster with different phones and our customer was not so happy to see a wrong time on the phones (7921, 7960).

We have another customer with 8.0.3.20000-2 (8.0.3a) and they have the same problem with 7945 phones. Is there also a Update-File for this version?

Thank you for your help.

Hello Andreas

I am trying to get a file for the 8.0.2 version and will post it as soon as it is available.

But 8.0.3 and 8.0.3a should not be affected.

Also 7945 phones are 3rd generation phones and should not be affected either.

Do you have another phone that it is affected? What model?

Fernando

Sorry,

we got a wrong message from our customer. The phones are working fine. The was only one phone with an older firmware that had this problem caused by a misconfiguration of the phone load. Sorry for disturbing you.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Fernando,

I downloaded the file attached but I'm unable to open it.

Are you able to upload it again?

Regards

Steven

Hi

It is entiely possible that Fernando has put the zip file up again by now (I downloaded it about half an hour ago) but I found that I couldn't open the file with WinZip.

However 7Zip would open the archive and I was able to successfully install ciscocm.dst-updater.2010i-1.el4.7.1.3.cop.sgn on our test CUCM publisher running 7.1.3.20000-2 without issue.

7Zip is Freeware and available from http://www.7zipdownload.com. I've found it to be every bit a useable as WinZip and it handles broader range of archive formats. Just a thought.

Hi Fernando,

I have the same issue with 7.1.3.20000-2 so this seems to be exactly what I need. Apologies in advance if I'm being dumb here, I'm a relative newbie with Call Manager.

I've downloaded the zip file from your post above and when I unzipped (using 7zip) it extracts to a file called "OCT-DST-2010-CSCtg50448"

I'm reluctant to proceed without check with you first because I was expecting a .cop.sgn file

Is that file correct or should I be looking for the .cop.sgn elsewhere?

Regards,

Paul.

Just installed this patch on 7.1.3.30000-1 and can confirm that after a cluster reboot it does correct the time issue. Lets hope it switches on Sunday!

It looks like the link posted by Fernando is no longer working, I just tried downloading the file again and it comes back as corrupt when trying to unzip. Please find a copy of the file I downloaded earlier attached which does work.

I just extracted using the in-built Windows ZIP utility and this extracts to a folder containing two files a html installation instructions document and a cop.sgn CUCM installation file.

Hope this helps.

Very much appreciated Jason!

Thanks a lot,

Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: