Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.3 - No CLI for 2nd inbound call

Feroz_1600
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I am running CUCM 7.1.3 and have observed that 2nd caller's display doesn't appear on the phone while 1st call/line is engaged. Not sure if this is expected behaviour in this version as this was not the case with 4.x and below versions.

Please advise.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

9 Replies 9

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can you please elaborate your issue more bit?

Also if possible then please share screenshot for the same issue.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

What phone models are you using? What is showing for the second call?

Chris

I am using Cisco 7960/61/61-G/62 Phones. All the Phones are configured with 2 lines appearances and while the 1st line is busy, the next caller rolls into 2nd line and there is no info being displayed on the phone except 1st caller's info. The issue is - when 1st line is busy and the 2nd call comes in, there is no info being displayed on the phone.

Hi.

On product specific configuration section put "Auto Line Select" value to enable.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi - I tried this option to enable Auto Line Select but still the same issue persists. Is there anything which I should check for ? Please advise.

Hi Feroz,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Carlo (+5)

It sounds to me like you would need to enable "Auto Call Select"

as well

Auto Call Select

#

Indicates whether the phone automatically shifts the call focus to an   incoming call on the same line when the user is already on a call.

#

When this option is enabled, the phone shifts the call focus to the most recent incoming call.

#

When this option is disabled, all automatic focus changes, including   Auto Line Select, are disabled regardless of their setting.

#

Default: Enabled

#

Use Cisco Unified CallManager Administration > Device > Phone >
Phone Configuration

Auto Line Select

#

Indicates whether the phone shifts the call focus to incoming calls on all lines.

#

When this option is disabled, the phone only shifts the call focus to   incoming calls on the line that is in use. When this option is enabled,   the phone shifts the call focus to the line with the most recent   incoming call.

#

Default: Disabled

#

Phone Configuration

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Thanks for elaborating, Rob.

Sorry if my query was unclear. I still see the same behaviour.

When I am on my 1st line talking to other party and the very next min I receive another call on 2nd line appearance, the caller name on my 2nd line is not getting displayed. What I see is the caller name of the 1st caller on my 1st line and bottom of my phone screen shows the caller number ringing on 2nd line. I did try toggling auto line select option but there is no change in behaviour.

Is there a way we can display the 2nd caller name as well when the calls comes into 2nd line. Let me know if any other details are required.

Feroz

Hi Feroz,

You are most welcome my friend

You mentioned "enabling" Auto Line Select but did you enable

Auto Call Select as per this note from the clip I linked above;

Auto Call Select

#

Indicates whether the phone automatically shifts the call focus to an    incoming call on the same line when the user is already on a call.

#

When this option is enabled, the phone shifts the call focus to the most recent incoming call.

#

When this option is disabled, all automatic focus changes, including    Auto Line Select, are disabled regardless of their setting.

#

Default: Enabled

#

Phone Configuration

Try changing both values to "enabled"

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your reply. I did enabled Auto Line Select option but it did not help much. Post enabling this option the behaviour was same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: