cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.3 recovery disk on VM

nicholas platt
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process f doing the jump upgrade and have installed the 7.1.3 version of CUCM on my virtual machine.  The publisher is working fine but my subscriber appears to be in read only mode.  I've been told by TAC that I need to run the recovery disk.  I've uploaded to the datastore on VMWare and have told the VM to boot from it at next power on, but when I power on it does not boot to the recovery disk.  It just boots normally.  I've looked and the readme is no help.  There is no readme for 9.x recovery disk (I thought it might specify a procedure for how to boot to the recovery disk on a VM but there is not a readme.....go figure).  Any help is greatly apreciated and thanks in advance. 

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Aman, thanks for the reply.  The issue I'm having is that I've got 7.1.3 running on a VM in preparation for upgrading to 9.1.2

Since there is no physical drive I dont know how to make the recovery disk iso bootable.  I'm mounting the software from inside VMWare and telling it to boot to it on th next power cycle.  I fear since the software itself is not botable I'm not able to run the recovery.  I've searched online to see if anyone else has had this issue and dont see anything.  I believe if I could figure out how to make the recovery iso itself bootable I would be ok, but I dont know how. 

Aman, thanks for sending that link.  I followed it using the program it suggests and the image now says it's bootable, but when I reboot the VM it does not boot to it.   

Hi,

can u try inserting this DVD in windows PC and check whether the  PC is booting or not?

regds,

aman