Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1(5) and Asterisk MOH

rbblue234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have asterisk 1.8 and CUCM 7.1.(5).  I'm trying to get MOH from asteirsk to play when a 7975 phone that's registered to CUCM places call on hold.

Currently, I'm hearing MOH from CUCM even thoug the phone has MOH setting to none, and the media resource groups have the CUCM moh server removed.

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

yes, even though the MOH sources are not in a media group, they might be used. Turn them off under the Service Parameters for Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming app.

But I don't really see how this can work out. Is Asterisk prepared to stream MOH to Cisco phones? What did you configure?

G.

I am trying to understand how can you get MOH to play from Asterix when a Cisco IP phone registered to CUCM will place call on Hold?

Tapan

On inbound calls, the SET moh is set by asterisk. This can be set on a per DID or trunk setting (which is what we were trying to do).

Where our problem was, that on an outbound call from CUCM to asterisk, and then out to PSTN was playing cisco MOH.  Looking at the debug on asterisk, it looks like the MOH was being set to none which in turn forced the CUCM MOH to play through. It was being set to none for their was no entry in asterisk for the CID the VoIP phone was presenting to asterisk.

Inboud calls worked and played MOH as expected. Our issue was with outbound.