Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.5 got stuck

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our cutstomer's cucm got stuck yesterday night and was not able to make outgoing calls. I do not know the status of the IP phones at that point of time, though the calls were not going. Then the cucm was hard rebooted and it got fixed. Its now the third time this has happened and we are unable to understand the root cause of this. I have attached the system log message. Please help.                   

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

A screen grab won't help you fix this.

You need to analyse the failure - what was 'stuck'? Was the server not responding? To pings? Web connections?

How many servers are there?

Why do you not know the status of the phones?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Now today morning again it happened. It was again hard rebooted.

The server was not responding. No Pings. No Web connections. There are only one server. The phones were also down. It was like a dead phone.

Its now happening 4 times in 6 months of time.

Regards,

Fawaz

Hi Fawaz,

As per experience I can say you can do following

1) Take latest backup of CUCM...

2) Install CUCM as fresh and import the back up.

3) See if problem still happens. If yes. try to change the hardware or Contact Cisco TAC for root cause.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi

What was on the server console at the time of the failure?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I do not know wat was on the server console as this happened on non working hours all the time and we ask our security person to hard reboot the cucm server.

Regards,

Fawaz

Hello,

1. Is core occured ?

2. Is there any high CPU ?

3. Did you see any pattern of issue occurence ?

Thanks

Siva

Hi,

In rtmt, it shows the core dump has been created but when i check in the console using "utils core active list" it says no core files. I have attached the screen shot of rtmt where it shows the core dump file.         

I dont see any high cpu utilization. Also there is no pattern of issues occuring other than this server crashing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: