Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.5 SIP trunk and MTP issue

kyiver_voip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to set up a SIP trunk for a client between a recently provisioned CUCM 7.1.5 server and a VoIP service provider. The software MTP is provisioned and G711alaw codec is set up on both sides. The phone and MTP are also in the same Region configured for G711. However I get the following error in the syslog on outgoing calls:

CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailable: No more MTP resources available.

The incoming calls do not go through at all, but the error dos not show up in the syslog. I have also tried to set up the SIP trunk between new CUCM 7.1.5 and the old CCM 4.1.3 and there is the same issue.

I have been experimenting with different settings for a few days now, but everything is useless. This is becoming very frustrating. Please help. All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks.

Andri

19 Replies 19

Aftrer opening ports on the firewall I can now call normally from the desktop phones.

However, there is still a problem with the incoming calls. The DNA confirms that the CSS set up is correct. Please see a creen capture attached (the partiton and CSS names have been update since the last trace I attached).

Although for some reason the DNA classifies this call as On-net. Despite the trunk call calssification set to Off-net.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Andri

Sorry, I realised that I didn't attach a creen capture. Here it is.

Hi,

Looks like we are half-way towards our goal . For inbound call you might want to do things below:

1. check if you have mutiple trunk point to same IP towards service provider. If we do then pls make sure CSS on those trunks can reach your dest.

2. not sure why we are using hunt group but for trouble shooting purpose you might want to change your inbound dest to a phone to make things simple.

3.pls confirm if there is any GW involved in inbound call.

4.as usual if all checked pls upload detailed ccm sdi and sdl trace along with calling number and call number and time for the call.

Hi Jing,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here are my comments:

1. check if you have multiple trunk point to same IP towards service provider. If we do then pls make sure CSS on those trunks can reach your dest.

Nope, just one trunk. CSS is correct, as per the screen capture from my previous post.

2. not sure why we are using hunt group but for trouble shooting purpose you might want to change your inbound dest to a phone to make things simple.

ok, I removed the hunt group and assigned this DDI directly to a phone. Didn't help.

3.pls confirm if there is any GW involved in inbound call.

No, just a trunk.

4.as usual if all checked pls upload detailed ccm sdi and sdl trace along with calling number and call number and time for the call.

Ok, the file uploaded. The calling number is 07500932480, and the called number is 02033880063.

What concerns me is these two lines:

09/10/2011 01:37:35.688 CCM|Digit Analysis: Host Address=178.X.XX DOES NOT MATCH any address for this cluster.|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:SIG-UCM01><:1><:85.X.X.X><:><:ARBITRARY><:0800>

09/10/2011 01:37:35.688 CCM|Digit Analysis: Host Address=178.X.X.X DOES NOT MATCH top level org domain.|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:SIG-UCM01><:1><:85.X.X.X><:><:ARBITRARY><:0800>

I have set the cluster domain name now. However the SIP trunk provider does not support domain names on the trunk, only IP addresses.

Also the DNS client on this callmanager is not enabled. Can this be a problem? And is there a way to enable it after the installation?

Many thanks.

Andri

Hi Kyiver,

Can you conform  if CSS "pstn_in" can reach "02033880063"? If it can then please make a translation pattern "02033880063" to translate to "5001" and give another try. If still not working I would suggest reboot server to let it load data again from database to the memory.

Cheers

Jing