cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 admin

xzjleo2005
Level 1
Level 1

I installed a CUCM 7.1 on VM host and I can SSH into it, but can't open the admin web page. When I tried the https://x.x.x.x/ccmadmin, I got following message. The Cisco Tomcat service is running on the server and I had tried to restart the service and the whole VM host, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Your request could not be completed.

Please review the web server logs for more details.

Home

Thanks. Leo

9 Replies 9

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hey mate,

Tell us more about how you set up your VM environment?

Machine specs etc.

It sounds like install has not gone well.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim,

It's 1 cpu, 2G ram, 80G disk, what is the requirement for the VM? During the installation, it did show me a message said 'this is a vmware environment, it will be supported by TAC etc' Is this normail?

Thanks, Leo

Hey mate,

As chrysostomos1980 says below, 7.x is not supported in VM, but it is fine in lab. In fact people have been running CCM in labs since 4.x.

I did have issues with 7.x once with not enough disk space allocated to VM - it installed but wouldn't function.

You can check 7.1 specs for physical and make sure you match them.

Personally I would go with 1 cpu, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB disk.

Ensure you select RHEL 4 as guest OS.

Also what hypervisor are you using?

Also as chrysostomos1980 said you can just use one of the Cisco provided OVA's, but make sure you pick the profile that meets the minimum hardware specs for your selected version of 7.1.

Cheers,

Tim.

Hi Tim,

We are using vsphere 5, the VM host has 1cpu, 2GB RAM and 80 GB disk. I didn't use RHEL 4 as guest OS, I may need to change that and give it a shot again.

For the OVA, someone says there is no OVA template for CUCM 7. If that's wrong, could you please provide me the link which allow me to download the file?

Thanks. Leo

HI

Q ) We  are using vsphere 5, the VM host has 1cpu, 2GB RAM and 80 GB disk. I  didn't use RHEL 4 as guest OS, I may need to change that and give it a  shot again.

Answer- Use of RHEL 4 should resolve your issue.  ( Please note , use of CUCM 7.x on vmware is not supported for production environment and wil lnot be supported by TAC ). 

Q )For  the OVA, someone says there is no OVA template for CUCM 7. If that's  wrong, could you please provide me the link which allow me to download  the file?

Answer :- No OVA for CUCM 7 because CUCM 7 is not supported on vmware. 

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi

I changed the guest OS to RHEL 4 and run the installation again, but still no luck. This time I found I missed following questions during the installation comparing to the installation guide (I didn't check the guide at first time):

1/ if this server is the first node in cluster

2/ if you want to change MTU size

3/ application username and password

I think question 1 and 3 are very cirtical for the installation. Do you know if this means the ISO file has problem? The version on ISO file is the 7.1.3.10000-13. Should we install the original version 7.1.3 first and then upgrade it to 7.1.3.10000-13?

Thanks. Leo

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

try to restart tomcat server.

HTH
Anas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Leo

CUCM Version 7.x unfortunately its not supported in vm

You can do the installation but you will not be able to proceed with upgrade etc

If is a lab inveronment just for testing then may you have to reinstall cucm application

Also pls note that cisco has ready ova files for generate automatically vm profiles for cucm , cups,cuc.ccx

Its better to take ova file for version 8.x to create the vm since the vm for cucm has specifc requirements and may you forgot something if you do it manually

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi chrysostomos1980,

Thanks for your reply. Basically we want 4 CUCM 7 on VM to be a test bed so we can do

1/ troublehshooting and testing

2/ test the upgrade process to version 8 or latest version

But as you mentioned before ' you will not be able to proceed with upgrade', does it mean we can't upgrade it to version 8 ?

Regards, Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: