Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 7.1 Backup failed at reporter and ccmdb

yeopaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in the midst of reinstalling my ccm 7.1 due to some "journal...etc" problem that appears on the console, my users are not be able to logon when this problem appears.

However my backup doesnt seems to work. I am using a freeFTPd as my sftp server. my backup constantly failed at reporter and ccmdb. I attached the 2 reports for your analysis. Also I find out that, whenever I run the CDR(actually we didn't make use of this) like generating a report, it failed with a rather blank screen telling me to look for administrator.

Given that the backup failed at reporter, and ccmdb where a single entry in the backup log shows failure, is it advisable for me to perform a fresh reinstall of the cucm, and restore from the backup?

urgently need your advice,

paul

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

Have a look at this section of the attached doc  (due this error from your logs -

CCMDB Backup failed, unable to tar data to master agent)

DRS Hangs During CCMDB Backup

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/111796/cucm_drf.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I go through the portion under DRS Hangs during CCMDB backup, following the steps, and restarting the DRF before i attempted another backup, but failed.

1) there is not any directory that match the document.

admin:file list activelog /cm/cdr_repository/destination/*

no such file or directory can be found

admin:file delete activelog /cm/cdr_repository/preserve/* noconfirm

files: found = 0, deleted = 0

admin:file delete activelog /cm/cdr_repository/car/* noconfirm

files: found = 0, deleted = 0

admin:

2) both backup logs show "Cannot stat: Input/output error"

reporter

tar: /var/log/active/cm/report/rtmtreporter/AlertRep/AlertRep_05_16_2011.pdf: Cannot stat: Input/output error

tar: /var/log/active/cm/report/rtmtreporter/AlertRep/AlertRep_05_13_2011.pdf: Cannot stat: Input/output error

ccmdb

/bin/tar: /usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/carreports/reports/pregenerated/individualbillsummary/Mdarrenting20110301.pdf: Cannot stat: Input/output error

can this be file corruption, if based on the log those above are the only errors, is it trivial? for the reporter, can i ignore it? and for ccmdb, is it possible to perform certain recovery later on the file, is there a way for me to extract the same file and overwrite it after i perform a fresh install?

regards,

Paul

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

I wouldn't want to mess around with DRS (especially ccmdb). I'm a pretty paranoid

person when it comes to backups, so if it were me I would go ahead and open a TAC case on this one

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your advice. I log a case with TAC. let's see how we progress from there.

regards,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: