Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 Hunt number/name display

fei he
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

We are running CUCM 7.1.5.1000-12. All 7942 phones loading firmware SCCP42.9-0-2SR1S.

A hunt pilot is setup for internal use only. When internal DN 1234 call hunt pilot 9999 internally, only calling number and user displays on screen for all member of hunt. Is this normal behavior?

Is that possible we can have the hunt pilot number and namd display instead of calling party information?

Is there a service parameter or something to revert to the CUCM 7 behavior?

Your urgent assistance is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are most correct my friend

You can change this behaviour by setting up the Listed DN's on CTI  Route Points that "front end" (via Call Forward All) the Hunt Group. The  calls to this DN will still reach the Hunt Pilot but will strip off the  CLID and replace it with it's own. This way your users will see the  proper Hunt Pilot CLID.

So,  for example, if we take your Hunt Pilot DN 9999 and move it to  become the CTI-RP DN and create a new Hunt Pilot DN of 2100 (with the  same Line Group Members). On the CTI-RP DN Configuration page for 9999 set the Call Forward All to 2100. When a call comes in via 9999 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to  identify the proper response.

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM does not display called hunt information.

For that, you can use my "number to name" script, it can be acquired on the website present in my profile.

Hi , this functionality was changed in 8.6.2a(SU2) , there is a new service parameter .Not much help for you now but might be worth looking into an upgrade if its urgent.

Hi m.batts

I had done research and it also suggest to upgrade to 8.2+ version. But with upgrading, it's gonna take heaps procedure to process. For time being, we just want to seek any alt workaround would archive this under current version.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This actually can be accomplished in CUCM. Somewhere in the 8.x train the Hunt Pilot gained an Alerting Name field which does this natively (you see For on the display).

In releases prior to that there was a process of routing the call through a CTI Route Point prior to the hunt pilot. This allowed you set an alerting name.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/294022

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan

So call flow will be set up as CTI RP -- CFA -- hunt pilot ?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are most correct my friend

You can change this behaviour by setting up the Listed DN's on CTI  Route Points that "front end" (via Call Forward All) the Hunt Group. The  calls to this DN will still reach the Hunt Pilot but will strip off the  CLID and replace it with it's own. This way your users will see the  proper Hunt Pilot CLID.

So,  for example, if we take your Hunt Pilot DN 9999 and move it to  become the CTI-RP DN and create a new Hunt Pilot DN of 2100 (with the  same Line Group Members). On the CTI-RP DN Configuration page for 9999 set the Call Forward All to 2100. When a call comes in via 9999 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to  identify the proper response.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Hi Rob

Thx for your detailed explanation. I did try to configu orginally hunt pilot as CTI RP 9999 and CFA to new DN as hunt pilot 9998. With this configuration, at the ringint phone, i can confirm that ringint phone see calls from 9999.

What information would be display on calling party screen? i image that calling party would only see they call 9998 not 9999.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are most welcome my friend

For Internal calls, I see 9999 briefly and then it

switches to 9998.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Is that possible to have calling party see 9999 always? I assume with this setting, this could not happen.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

hi there,

If you are trying to prevent your internal callers

from seeing 9998 and thus using that number directly,

you can change this setting on the 9998 Hunt Pilot to

"Restricted";

Connected Party Transformations
Required Field
Required Field

This will not show any number then

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: