cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 want to deploy as a Gatekeeper..

Hi all,

I  have a CUCM 7.1 where my two routers are connected through H.323, every routers have a one FXO & FXS prot . I have a question like zone 1 want to call ZONE 2 is that CUCM 7.1 act as a gatekeep...... becuase i have no gatekeper license on routers... Please give me a positive reply....

5 Replies 5

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

is there a WAN connection between CUCM and the other two routers?.

Give more details ( the location of CUCM and other two routers , if you have HQ or branch . Your CUCM will be your call control , not as gatekeeper . There is a big difference between CUCM and gatekeeper.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Thanks islam.kamal..

I know the difference between  CUCM & gatekeeper ...  The system is call manager will register as a zone on gatekeeper .

But in my senarion.. all my brance are locally connected.. yup the two routers are my WAN part...  two zones are connected through  H.323 in my CUCM . CUCM users can call on two zones....Which is centrall location.... My concern area is that Zone 1 direct call on zone 2.... Via centrall CUCM.

Hi

please confirm , so you have CUCM and two gateways (WAN connection) .Can you tell if the two branches branches phones registeres locally to theri routers or registered through CUCM . Finally question your gateways support SRST?.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

well at this time no IP phone are using in my branch office ..only analog phones ( FXS/FXO) are use .

Thanks,

Avijit

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Just to tell you that.. Gatekeeper feature in Cisco is IOS feature and not a CUCM feature.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: