Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.5 Migration

virendra pathak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have one location, where site is  running with CUCM 7.5 verison, and my others location are on 10.5 version. I planned to upgrade the CUCM 7.5 from to latest CUCM.

Is it possibel to do migration from 7.5 to latest version of CUCM?

Should i upgrade it to 10.5 Verison only?

If, I will go with higher version, then what would be behvaour with other location?

Very Imp, How should i restore the backup of old one and also what precaution need to be taken?

Ther prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Viru

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it possibel to do migration from 7.5 to latest version of CUCM?

Yes, via PCD migration

Should i upgrade it to 10.5 Verison only?

That's up to you, *ideally* you should be in the latest available release per the best practices

If, I will go with higher version, then what would be behvaour with other location?

As you do not provide any explanation of what is configured between locations and CUCMs, there is no way anyone can answer this, only YOU who has the knowledge of your deployment should know the answer

Very Imp, How should i restore the backup of old one and also what precaution need to be taken?

DRS can only be restored on the EXACT SAME release from which it was taken, but this does not matter at all for a PCD migration as the original cluster can remain active.

If you're not familiar with any of this, I'd strongly suggest you reach out to a Cisco partner or reputable consultant for assistance with this migration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thanks for the response. I am a new cisco VoiP engineer before this i was in R&S, I am aware about this but to ensure the Bussiness management, such exercsie are usefull.

Your suggestion is always helpful for me.

Regards

Viru