cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 and MLA - for the way-back machines

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

I have a customer on CUCM 7.1.5 and they want documentation explaining what kind of auditing is available when using MLA.  They have local teams that need Phone MACD access and the corp team wants to know what they can deconstruct if the local team makes any mistakes.

I can't find anything on CUCM 7 that describes this.  All I have found is the Admin guide (step by step on how to turn stuff on) and the System guide (charts on Read only vs Write access, but no information on reporting or what you get with "Standard Phone" full acces)

Does anyone have a PPT or Doc from 2009/2010 that talks about MLA on v7 ?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The roles and groups in CUCM only limit you to either view only, or add/change/delete for a certain menu

ie if you provide access to devices, they will see ALL devices and if they're allowed read/write, they can do whatever they like to any of their settings.

There's no doc explaining what you get with the default roles, you would need to look into each and see what options are ticked.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In terms of auditing, I guess this is what you are after:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_1_2/admin/Serviceability/saaulog.html#wp1147143

now, honestly I never used the logs myself, so I cant tell what the contents of the audit log are, in full detail. The configuration log configuration in that URL seems to suggest that auditing is either off or on. there seems to be no further granularity.

I guess you will need to enable it and run it, play with it and create a PPT to present to your stakeholders.

good luck

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: