if i have 140 phone how can i have each phone have diferent FAC code

10 Replies 10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Hadi,

You can form a password policy to create unique FACs:

a. Divide the users as per Department/Floor/Date of Joining

b. Keep a unique number for each user keeping step a. in mind.Since Authorisation code  cannot be more than 16 digits, u can play with different permutations.

c. Also, u can keep the codes as per Employee ID by inserting or summing numbers.

Example:  260401880: Date of joining[dd/mm/yy] and last two digits of employeeID,subtracting 8-8

1260401: first floor and date of joining   

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

Thank you for your post  , we have 140 phone and the management want each phone to have there own FAC

in that case we need to have :

140 partition

140 css

140 route patern

140 FAC

in this case we have 140 users they have there own password ,  there is any other solution to Have only FAC with diferent password

Hi Hadi,

FACs are applied on route patterns.

There is no need of these many partitions and CSS.

Just refer this DOC for FAC configuration and better understanding.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-and-services-guide_chapter_010100.pdf

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/4113-102-2-11871/Forced_Code_authorization-pdf.pdf

regds,

aman

Thank you for your reply , actualy i went over the doc before what's confising me

if i have

Bob

Sally

Peter

Jan

Franck

May

Marria

;

if all of them  have iternational access ,  i want to  each user will have diferent FAC how many pattern should i have ?

1 RP and 140 FAC codes, Id recommend you to review the FAC documentation to understand how it works before doing the configuration.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime for you quicker reply on time support , i have all ready configured it working i want configure for the rest of the users i want thenm to have diferent codes

Hi Hadi,

In my first reply, as mentioned , u need to form a password  policy  for the users respectively.

regds,

aman

Oh Ok ok i miss that sorry , where can i find the passsword policy for the users

Hi Hadi,

What I suggest is u that u can sit with IT Admin guy who can help u in making the unique passwords for each user?

regds,

aman

nirmalissac
Level 1
Level 1

Hadi,

Could you please explain the exact purpose you have in your mind, for implementing FAC for each user? FAC doesnt need a partition each for each user. All you need is 140 FAC's.

What exactly does the management intends to restrict? There might be other alternatives that we can suggest.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: