cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 MEET ME CONFERENCE CAN ONLY has 3 particpants.

zhaichaoxu
Level 1
Level 1

When I do a MEET ME conference at my location it ONLY has 3 particpants total including the host no matter if the participants are internal or external callers.

We use Centralized call processing structure, two MCS 7825 CUCM server in HQ (version 7.X) and we are in branch office. So our IP phones register to HQ CUCM server via 4M MSTP LINK.

We have CUCM software conference resources. In CUCM I have increased the max MEET ME parameter to 10.

We also have hardware conference resources in H323 gateway(2951).The gateway at my location is set for max sessions 8.

In CUCM the Media Resource Group List for my location has selected 1 Media Resource Group which has 2 CUCM servers SW_CFB, 1 gateway IOS HW_CFB, and 1 gateway IOS transcode.

BTW we use the HW_CFB for ad_hoc conference works well. Use the "Show sccp connections" command in H323 gateway can show the participants and session correctly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all what phone model are you using..Looks like you have 7941 or 7961 series. These phones have internal bridge that support only 3 participants. What this suggest is that your CFB devices are not been used.

It is not a good idea to hav both Software CFB and hardware CFB in the same MRG. This is because when you have a conference that involves users using G729 codec (which a software CFB does not support) CUCM does not have the intelligent to select hardware CFB. Media resources in a MRG are selected in a round robin fashion except when video conferencing is involved where a feature called intelligent bridge is used to select an MCU for vide conferencing.

So To test again and torubleshoot your media resources...Remove your Software CFB from the MRG and leave only hardware CFB.

Enable CUCM detailed traces and then do another test. If it still doesnt work..send the traces over

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all what phone model are you using..Looks like you have 7941 or 7961 series. These phones have internal bridge that support only 3 participants. What this suggest is that your CFB devices are not been used.

It is not a good idea to hav both Software CFB and hardware CFB in the same MRG. This is because when you have a conference that involves users using G729 codec (which a software CFB does not support) CUCM does not have the intelligent to select hardware CFB. Media resources in a MRG are selected in a round robin fashion except when video conferencing is involved where a feature called intelligent bridge is used to select an MCU for vide conferencing.

So To test again and torubleshoot your media resources...Remove your Software CFB from the MRG and leave only hardware CFB.

Enable CUCM detailed traces and then do another test. If it still doesnt work..send the traces over

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Dear aokanlawon

Thanks for your fast reply, I have send the network change request to the HQ IT to remove the SW CFB tomorrow. But I confuse that you said " Media resources in a MRG are selected in a round robin fashion ", I have check the MRG configuration in CUCM the HW_CFB (CANHQVG01conf) are listed upon the SW_CFB(CFB_CHINACM1/CFB_CHINACM2), why it don't selected the HW_CFB first?

Thanks a lot!

The reason is because resources in a MRG dont use top down. Its round robin. Thats how CUCM works. You need to remove SW CFB to use hardware CFB all the time

And it's a round robin "best effort" because it might not be like that all the times.

That's why you configure a SW media MRG and a HW media MRG

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime

It works well!

Thanks aokanlawon,

We have remove the CFB this morning, and it works well. Thanks again!