Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 on ESXi 5 - cannot install

Sergey Balyura
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

I have a trouble which confuse me a lot.

I tried to install 2 different versions of CUCM 7 (7.0 and 7.1) on my ESXi 5.

I used: 1 CPU, 3GB of RAM, 160 GB of HD, SCSI LSI Logic Parallel

and every attempt was stopped by Critical Error:

The installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal  error. For futher assistance report the following information to your  support provider.

Command
"/usr/local/bin/base_scripts/pmNormalizeGeneric/tmp/ipmWorkFile" has exceeded timed threshold of 90 seconds

The System will now halt.

I try to install the lab for preparing to the lab.

Can you tell me where I'm wrong?

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Some versions of 7.x won't install in VMware... however they usually report a hardware incompatibility.

Did you specify a valid NTP server during the install?? You'll often see errors like that in VMware if you don't have one, and it's not enforced/tested during install like in v8.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Sergey,

Please refer the table "VMware vSphere ESXi Version Support for Call Processing and System Management Applications"

in the below link,

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements

ESXi is supported with below  CUCM versions,

8.0(2+), 8.5(x), 8.6(x), 9.0(x)

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sergey,

There is a defect which talks about this error:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsg78450

CSCsg78450            Bug Details

Install fails when pmNormalizeGeneric exceeds 90 second threshold

Symptom:
Install fails with an error about /usr/local/bin/base_scripts/pmNormalizeGeneric has exceeded timed threshold

Conditions:
This  happens when there is a media error on the DVD that prevents reading  the DVD.  We have also seen it happen during an network outage when  installing over then network.

Workaround:
Please  try a different DVD or CD drive.  Or, if installing over the network  please review all firewall, MTU, NAT or other applicable settings.

Worth a try.

Regards,

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: