cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.x: how to translate called number based on calling number?

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we have a CUCM 7.x, and we would like to translate called number based on calling number.

For example:

• when an extension 2XXX calls the number YYYY, the called should be transformed in 2YYYY;
  • when an extension 3XXX calls the number YYYY, the called should be transformed in 3YYYY.

Is it possible?

TIA and regards.

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I do not think this is possible. Translation works by performing digit manipulation in one direction and not by transposing one direction on the other. You can either tranlsate calling or called not called by calling.

May I ask why you want to do this perhaps there can be other ways of achieving this..

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The only way I can think of doing this within CUCM, is to have the 2XXX & 3XXX in different partitions, and then have different route patterns for each partition.

Using 3rd party call processing products would allow you to do this without the need for splitting the phones into two partitions - but it wouldn't be cheap.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

If you upgrade to version 8.0 or newer you can take advantage of "route next hop by calling party number" feature.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: