Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.0 to CUCM 8.0 SIP trunk MOH issue

p.blavier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have got a very simple lab with 2 publishers configured with a SIP trunk (no cube), so we have  :

PhoneA->CUCM1->SIP->CUCM2->PhoneB

The trunk is just working fine, I can dial in both directions, however when a phone places a remote phone on hold I can't get MOH (unicast) working

All devices (trunk, MOH servers and phones) are in the same region and the same location, this to have things as simple as possible. Local MOH is working. So only G711 is used.

Does anyone have an idea ? I'm getting lost

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I asked you to do that because sometimes during call hold etc, there is a break in media path. This sometimes causes issues, hence why I asked for you to use MTP because with that there is no break since the call will be terminated on MTP.

Then only thing left now will be to look at both cucm logs and ipvms logs to see whats going on.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

p.blavier
Level 1
Level 1

I m now wondering if thats supported cause the audio source should be defined by the holding device ( the trunk or the mtp in my case i dont know) and the moh server is defined by the holdee device (it is properly configured in my case)

I m getting lost :)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

p.blavier
Level 1
Level 1

Does that mean we cant have moh when sip trunk are used, i dont believe it

Check that ICT has an MOH server configured in a MRGL either in the device itself or DP

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

p.blavier
Level 1
Level 1

I do have a mrgl applied to the trunk

for test purposes, check mtp required and then ensure you have mtp on the mrgl...for the trunk...test again and let us know the result

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I have tried to add an MTP on the trunk already, did not makek any difference

also I dont know why an MTP should be involved here ?

Hi Philippe.

Which protocol are IP  Phones using?

Let us know.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Sccp for phones on both sides of the trunk

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I asked you to do that because sometimes during call hold etc, there is a break in media path. This sometimes causes issues, hence why I asked for you to use MTP because with that there is no break since the call will be terminated on MTP.

Then only thing left now will be to look at both cucm logs and ipvms logs to see whats going on.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

you right, MTP can makes sense, if the call breaks in media path during "on hold"

The thing that confuses me is we cant tell the SIP trunk which Audio Source to use, and as the audio source is "linked" to the holding device (which could be the trunk) it doesnt work :/

Maybe this setup can only work with a CUBE router ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: