Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.03a HTTP Error [404]! when DIRECTORIES button is pressed on IP Phone

mzsaad1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I have upgraded a customer network from CCM 4.1(3) to 8.0.3a. When I press the directories button on the new system, I am only seeing the following options:

Missed Calls

Received Calls

Placed Calls

but not seeing the Corporate Directory. And at the bottom, I am seeing HTTP Error [404]! at the bottom. Can someone help me resolve this. I want to see Corporate Directory.

There is no ACL or anything blocking the HTTP access.

10 Replies 10

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

When you http://{IP ADDRESS]/CGI/Java/Serviceability?adapter=device.statistics.configuration of an affected phone what do you see listed for the Directories URL?

TONY

hi,

when i do that, i m getting a screen which is asking me to put username and password

I am having the same issue but with Personal Directory.  This is what I get, see detachment.

linuxchild
Level 1
Level 1

This seems to be a DNS pb , check on the entreprise parameters the URL's , they may be using the name of the server , change it to IP

OR

give a local DNS to your phones , and add the name of your call manager

Regards

all URLs in Enterprise Parameters are IP based. I am not depending on Names.

asharsidd
Level 1
Level 1

This could very well be your Call manager configured as name and not IP. Phones cannot get to DNS and hence the issue. There is a new service in CUCM 8 called TVS,

Is the TVS service running ?

Go to:

Settings

Security configuration

Trust List

ITL File

In the ITL file you will find the TVS with the FQDN of your cucm and also the TFTP server with the FQDN.

if you do not find this, delete the ITL file and restart the IP phone.

Also in CUCM 8.0 the services provisioning method is set to internal not  external. New phones won't look at the service URL so  having an IP there vs a hostname doesn't do anything for those phones.   You can check that you have a hostname in the TVS entry by downloading a  phone's config using "tftp x.x.x.x get SEP0123456789AB.cnf.xml" view it  in wordpad and search for "TVS", you'll likely see a hostname, which  is why you're getting the host not found if your phone isn't configured  for DNS or cannot resolve that name.  The fix is to change under System  > Server, the hostname to an IP address there, save it, then restart  th Trust Verification Service (TVS) and TFTP. Reset the phone.

There is no file in the Trust List. I checked it.

There is not dependency on DNS. I have used all IP Addreses.

If , no one find an answer , you still have a small hub 10$ and wireshark , open source

Regards

did u download the phone config and checked for tvs entry? does it show a name or IP address?

mzsaad1234
Level 1
Level 1

finally was able to make it work.

Actually it was an upgrade from version 4 to version 8 of CUCM. In the old version, the customer was running a special URL which was pointing to Corporate Directorry in customer's other clusters. So I modified the CUCM ASP file, changed it to an XML extension, and boom, it worked.

Also, had to host the XML file on the IIS server - because with new CUCM, you can not host files there.

Thanks for all the pointers.