cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5.1.13900-5 MOH Issue

david
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 8.5.1.13900-5 and have an issue with MOH files.  We are able to uploaded these fine on the PUB and SUB servers within the cluster.  They go through the trancoding process and complete OK.  We setup the MOH source pointing to the new file, but when testing all we get on either internal or external calls is a clicking noise instead of music.  It is as if the transcoding has corrupt the file.

The WAV file is 16Bit PCM format and 10.6Mb in size so shouldn't be an issue from what I understand as the requirements for MOH files, and the file plays fine in Windows Media Player, etc.  The issue is the same with different WAV files.  Anyone else come across a similar issue or aware that this is a known bug?  Anyone have a workaround I could use?  Many thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Quick question is this a virtual server?

We have a know issue for this on virtual servers, I dont have the bug right now but I can look it up during the morning.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Robert,

that woul dbe very helpful if you could provide.  And yes I forgot to add that half the cluster in on UCS in VMWare withthe other half of the cluster on MCS servers.

Robert,

Did you get a chance to look up the bug ID for this issue at all?

Many thanks

Robert

is the bug ID

CSCtz29142 - CUCM MTP causes bad voice quality due to jitter introduced in RTP stream

Many thanks

By the way,  the old "Bug Tool Kit" provides more information on this bug than the new "Bug Search Tool"  See the link here.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtz29142

I ran into this bug and the problem was the customer had a vmware snapshot on the Cisco Communicaitons Manager.

Here is the missing text from the Bug Search Tool

"

Workaround:

Also check if using VM Snapshot.  Disable using Snapshot as this causes process scheduling issues.

Use IOS based media resources on an ISR router

"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: