Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5.1 LDAP Custom Filter

Hi all,

For those who know how to a very simple question I believe.

My LDAP has about 1000 users but actually I only want to import users where the userid (samaccountname) starts with 'user'.

My users therefore are user12, user 1789, user200. angelina would not be OK.

How can I configure my filter? I don't know too much about LDAP...

thx in advance!

Lieven

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What a great learning opportunity then. The always-clever Mr. Holloway pointed me to the AD Explorer tool once before for this very question. It's useful here because the search button you use shows you the LDAP filter text that it will actually use. This is the same filter you would give to CUCM.

Here's your example shown in the tool:

View solution in original post

Yes it would mark them is inactive. You would have at least 24 hours to remove the filter and perform a full synchronization again before the garbage collection process would actually expunge the records. So yes, you could remove the filter and synchronize again to undo a mistake.

Please be sure to rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What a great learning opportunity then. The always-clever Mr. Holloway pointed me to the AD Explorer tool once before for this very question. It's useful here because the search button you use shows you the LDAP filter text that it will actually use. This is the same filter you would give to CUCM.

Here's your example shown in the tool:

Mmmm, thx Jonathan. Feeling kinda silly, seeing the simplicity of this answer.

Another small question though.

Let's say that I configure my filter. Performing a new sync would then make all other users 'inactive' then?

Suppose that I do mess up this filter. Would it be an option to just disactivate my filter so that I've got all users back again(active state)?

I know that I can also test this one out in a lab but I'm currently low on ram to start up another server...

Thanks in advance!!

Lieven

Yes it would mark them is inactive. You would have at least 24 hours to remove the filter and perform a full synchronization again before the garbage collection process would actually expunge the records. So yes, you could remove the filter and synchronize again to undo a mistake.

Please be sure to rate useful posts.

Hello Jonathan,

thx so much! Clear now.

:-)

Best Regards,