Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 Auto-Reg after DRS

paulf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have never tried auto-registration before and today I got 2 x phones to register and pickup DNs, but they have no dial tone and cannot call.

Should auto registered phones be able to call each other with bogus DNs?

I am asking because I have to replicate my customer's 8.5(1) pub in the lab (on different  7845H2 hardware) and after DRS built successfully I am now  issues getting phones to register on the fake box - certificate related issues I think..  29 days left to work it out before licencing strangles the box.

many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So it have to be a CSS/Patition problem. Try assigning the same CSS use for for normal call to the Auto registration CSS.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

Did u start call manager service in CUCM server where phones are registered?

regds,

aman

yeah I think so...  I will spend more time on it tomorrow but, I looked through serviceability and the usual suspects are activated/running

I guess if phones auto registered then CM must be enabled yeah?

Hi Paul,

Are you sure after auto-registration phones have a line assing? One time after a auto-registration process of more than 500 phone lines were deleted so the phoen doesn't have any line to make call.

Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

I can only go on the line displays on the 7970s... i defined a range and they now show the first 2 numbers from that range.

They both say registered in CCM but have fast-busy tone only... can't call.

I wondererd if default CSS/partitions etc is enough to get them going, or if I need to assign legit numbers from the cluster dial patterns.... never played with auto-reg before.

I  just need a couple of phones working for some 3rd party CA testing

So it have to be a CSS/Patition problem. Try assigning the same CSS use for for normal call to the Auto registration CSS.

I worked it out I'd changed the IP address to suit the lab environment.

I needed to clear certificates by setting 'Prepare Cluster for Rollback to pre 8.0 = true', and then restart tftp & tvs, and reboot phones.  They picked up empty tftp & tvs certificates and away they went.

Found it in here:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_5_1/ipchange/ipchg851.pdf

Thanks for all the above advice guys.

Update to that...

I found I had changed CSS as well during trouble shooting, so thanks leosalcie that was good advice - rated.  I believe I had 2 x problems stopping them.  Great to have it all working I can begin testing now.

Cheers,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: