Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 Call recording for IPC

arvindkannu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a customer who wants to record the calls made by their IP communicators, CUCILYNC clients and CUPC. They have CUCM 8.5 cluster and Verint vocice recorder in the solution. I would appretiate if some one can point me to the docs that says it's possible to do so and these users are enterprise users and not contact center users.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are two main ways to do call recording, either using the phone's built in bridge (BIB) or using a network SPAN to capture the RTP stream.  Typically I've seen verint using the BIB of the phone to send the audio streams to the recording server and CTI/JTAPI is used as well for call information, on demand recording, between verint and CUCM.  If you're not using SPAN for capturing the audio stream I don't think you can record soft clients like CIPC, CUPC, CUCILYNC because they do not have built in bridges and I don't think the software will duplicate the audio streams to send to the recorder.

This is an older guide but still might be true:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/UC6.0.1/features_apps/CMmonrec.html

Call monitoring in Unified Communications Manager  Release 6.0(1) is supported by all 3rd-generation phones (Cisco Unified  IP Phone 7911G, 7931G, ,7941G, 7941G-GE, 7961G, 7961G-GE, 7970G, and  7971G-GE models).

Obviously newer phones are also supported now like 89XX/99XX, which are not in this list since they have a BIB (DSPs in the phone).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: