cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 Error "Configured First Node is not a First Node"

ykhwaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I'm building a cluster running CM v8.5.1.12900-7 with 3 subs and 1 pub.  Two of the subs have been built and have no issues joining the cluster.  The third sub, which is actually the primary sub, is unable to join the cluster.  I've configured it with all the right info (ip, security pwd, hostname) and it just won't join.  Has anyone ever encountered this?

Also, to cut out potential network/vmware server issues, I've tried building the sub on the same VM host as the pub and I get the same error.  I also went ahead and rebuilt the pub and have gotten the same result on the sub.

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you define it in the config?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

yes, I have it configured on the pub.  i tried deleting it from the pub and re-adding it as well.  no luck.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you pull the install log?
What is the error you are getting?

the error states "Cofnigured first node pub hostname is not a first node"

I'm not currently working on it, but I will be on Monday.  how do I collect the install log?

it's failing during the validation testing

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is reverse DNS configured for the servers?

dns is not configured

Well, it is complaining about "pub hostname" then it looks to me like a DNS issue.

Chris

Whats odd is that the ip address is being used by pub and two other servers have been built without issue.  The four servers are not in production yet and are being built on a mock network lab setup.