cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 8.5 inaccessible and showing strange cli output

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have a 8.5 that isn't being accessible and when i open the ssh im getting this strange output which i attached below? i don't know if it is broken or what exactly 

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The file system has been remounted readonly. There is no way to get it read-write again short of a reboot. BEFORE you do that, see if there is space available on the active and common partitions, check hardware health (eg drives, battery backed write cache, etc.), get the recovery ISO pulled down, and verify you have an active SMARTnet contract on whatever hardware you’re running that on. There’s a decent chance it won’t come back up.

thank you alot for helping , the server is set up on a MCE the problem i cant log in to the server , i type in the ip then the server name shows up , i click on it then nothing it keeps loading , i just need to get info and backup as the customer is upgrading the cucm but it seem the server is in deep trouble , please help me on how to do that?

Hi,

If you are able to get CLI prompt, you can try to perform a backup from the same cli.

Here a brief of commands you need:

utils disaster_recovery device add network BACKUPSERVER / X.X.X.X username

Where:

- BACKUPSERVER is the device name of the remote SFTP server you want to add to the backup server list

- / is the path where to store the backup

- X.X.X.X  is the IP Address of the SFTP server

- Username is the username privileged to write into the SFTP server path

Once you have added the device, you can perform the backup through the following command:

utils disaster_recovery backup network UCM BACKUPSERVER

You can monitor the status of backup process through utils disaster_recovery status backup

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

i tried it but im getting these messages

Unable to connect to Master Agent host: CUCM-A, Port: 4040. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down.
Unable to connect to Master Agent host: CUCM-A, Port: 4040. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down.
Please enter password to connect to network server 172.X.X.X:*****
drfCliMsg: Unable to save Backup Device successfully. Local Agent is not responding. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down.

Executed command unsuccessfully

please someone help me

Try restarting the DRF Service and then try talking the backup before doing anything.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris