Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 integration with MS OCS 2007 R2 or Lync

gosselic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for documentation for the base requirements for integrating CUCM 8.5 with OCS or Lync.

Cisco used to have a section of CCO where they would have documentation on different Integration with other vendors PBX or VoIP solution but I'm not able to find anything on OCS or the new Lync.

I' looking particulaly on the requirements for CUPS (when do we need it or not?) and the need for DNS on CUCM 8.5?

Regards,

/Carl

3 Replies 3

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

here are some documents which describe the integration of CUCM (6.x) into OCS 2007 R2. The integration of CUCM 8.x is much the same.

Direct SIP: CUCM 6.1

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee862409.aspx

Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Enterprise Edition using Direct SIP to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1) Simultaneous Ring Feature

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns784/716742.pdf

You must have a OCS Mediation Server for integrating CUCM or you try CUCiMOC.

For the integration of CUPS you don't need DNS.

Please rate helpful posts.

Kind regards,

Marcel Ammann

Thanks Marcel, very useful information!

I looked at the documentation and I do not see the requirement for CUPS anywhere?

And I also do not see any requirement on CUCM to have DNS resolution enabled to be able to route calls to OCS even when the simultaneous calls are required.

Last thing, I heard that CUPS would be rolled into CUCM (like Mobility Manager) at some point in time, would you know if this is true and when?

Thanks,

Carl

Hello Carl,

what do you mean with requirements? Hardware-Requirements?

Here you find the SRND of Cisco Unified Presence 8.x.

DNS is not a requirement for call routing to OCS. Only if you want HA or loadbalancing. You can realise loadbalancing also via route list.

Yes it is true, because you must assign licences to the users. You must add the presence server at CUCM >> System >> Application Server.

Please rate useful posts.

Regards,

Marcel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: