Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 LDAP integration - some users missing

muhammad.cis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm using CUCM Business Edition 8.5. When I try to import LDAP users, user import is successfull but some users are missing (imported 25 out of 33). Is this a configuration error or some bug.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do all users have a lastname in AD???

If not, that's a mandatory field and that's expected to happen if it's missing.

Check the LDAP logs and they will provide you more info of why it's failing.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do all users have a lastname in AD???

If not, that's a mandatory field and that's expected to happen if it's missing.

Check the LDAP logs and they will provide you more info of why it's failing.

HTH

java

HTH

java

java,

thanks for your answer, I have just checked this out of 7 missing users, 6 were missing their last names. one user with even last name specified is missing. please note the missing user has domain admin rights, does it matter?

That has nothing to do, it must be something else.

Review the LDAP logs.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Muhammad, i would suggest you check  your LDAP sync agreements. LDAP systems have a highly organized structure.the synchronization agreement specifies at which point in the tree the search for the user accounts will begin.CUCM has access to the container specified in the agreement and all levels below that in the tree. it cannot search higher nor across. i suggest you check you synchronization agreement to see if all info is searched in your LDAP database

rate if this helps

Thank you both for your suggestions. As I mentioned earlier, out of 7, 6 users were missing their last names and one user existed with same user ID in application users. After modifying the user ID in application user and resyncing LDAP integration, the missing user is imported successfully.

Thank you again for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: