Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 Phones will not register to Subscriber

Ven Taylor
Level 4
Level 4

First time trying this...

I have CM service enabled on my Subscriber and have Subscriber higher than my Publisher in my CM group.

Reloaded phones and they re-registered to the Publisher.

I disconnected my Publisher from the network and my phones did not even re-register.

I'm sure I missed something.

Any ideas?

Ven

Ven Taylor
10 Replies 10

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

what is configured in your tftp option 150?

Do you have the sub listed in the option 150?

This could eb the problem, I have seen a similar problem recently

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Ven,

I hope you are doing great,

Can you confirm the TFTP options on the phone.

Can you confirm if you download the ip phone configuration file if the phone have both call agents.

Can you confirm if the database replication its OK?

Can you provide an SDI at debugging level and SDL trace at the moment of the registration from both CUCM servers?

Regards,

Luis Sandi

.:|:.:|:.

P.S Please mark this question as answered if it has been resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

That may be the problem.  I have option 150 pointing to my Publisher.  I can't add a 2nd option 150 and I can't add a 2nd IP to the current option 150.  "Failover" would be a flop if I have to change the scope every time I lose the publisher.

Is there a way to configure the phone (from cucm) to point to a secondary tftp address?

Ven Taylor

you should be able to add a second IP to the option 150, this is a common configuration

No, that's a network config and you do not configure that in CUCM. That's either DHCP or manual config.

Quick test, go to the phone and look at the config there, do you see a primary and secondary CUCM listed?? No?

Do a **#** on the phone, look again. If you don't see it, the problem is the config file is not reflecting the CUCM group.

Try going to the TFTP service params, and in the build cnf files parameter select build all, restart TFTP, restart phone and look again for a primary and secondary server listed there. If it's there go back to the TFTP and change the parameter back to the default of build selective.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am having the same issue. Normally phones use subscriber as TFTP server and 1st CUCM. Publisher is the 2nd TFTP server and 2nd CUCM.

We upgraded from 7.1(3) to 8.5. After the upgrade the phone show publisher as primary CM AND also as the secondary CM. If I removed Publisher from the CM group and reboot the phone I get Registration Rejected. Erasing the phones configuration allows to phone to register to the subscriber but the publisher is not listed as the 2nd CM.

When I erased configuration file the phone also lost custom Ringlist.xml file.

I tried the TFTP parameter "build all" and reset the TFTP servers. With no luck

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Check System/Cisco Unified CM group.  Make sure your group (probably default) has all your CM's in it, and in the appropriate order.

If you're getting "registration rejected" on a newly erased phone, you may not have auto-registration configured on your subscriber.

Check System/Cisco Unified CM, then choose your servers.  Under the auto-registration section, make sure it's not disabled and has an auto-registration DN range.  This is what we did to make sure our phones would register to individual call managers.  We use different ranges so that the onsite techs know right away which CM they've registered to... This helps speed up troubleshooting as well.

Ven

Ven Taylor

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you using hostnames instead of ip addresses? in such case you might be having some DNS issues, please make sure that you are using IP addresses and try again, that is the most common issue with this sort of problems.

Christian Nuche

PDI HD

refram
Level 3
Level 3

Ven,

While having a secondary TFTP server is often a good idea, it isn't always recommended in small topologies and probably isn't the real issue here; even if you do have two TFTP servers, the file should be the same no matter which one delivers it. 

Because of what you said above, I'm assuming you've looked at your phones and seen that they think they should be registering to the subscriber first.  I'm also assuming that you have your publisher and subscriber in different subnets.  Check to see if there are ACLs blocking communication between the phones and the subscriber.  

Hello Ven,

1. Are these servers newly installed?

2. Has the DB replication setup fine between them. (make sure the replication status is 2 for both of them)

3. Are they on the same network ?

4. You could download the config file to make sure both the servers are listed

(a) go to CMD prompt on your pc

(b) tftp -i get SEP.cnf.xml

else, you could use the procedure mentioned by javalenc earlier on this thread to rebuild the config file.

If the following parameters are fine, the phone should register successfully to the sub.

1. Network connectivity between the phones and the servers

2. CM service started on subscriber

3. Configuration file is constructed fine

4. Replication is fine across the cluster

If all fails, can you please get a sniffer capture from the back of the phone or from both the Callmanager servers and I can tell you what the problem is. If sniffer capture is a challenge, collect CM traces (detailed) from all the nodes in the cluster.

Regards,

Vajrender