cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 Publisher doesn't know phone status

Ven Taylor
Level 4
Level 4

I have a weird situation here.  My phones are all registered to the Subscriber (by design).

We recently renamed and re-addressed the publisher, but forgot to rename on in the Unified CM page.

After we renamed it on the Unified CM page, the phones all were still registered to the Subscriber, but the Publisher doesn't know the status of any of the phones.  Not only that, but the phones cannot register with the Publisher after we simulated a failure of the Subscriber.

utils dbreplication runtimestate shows database replication is verified good (2)

RTMT shows no issues.

We even rebooted the Publisher to see if it helped... No good.

Thoughts?

Ven

Ven Taylor
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the call manager service is running check that it's listening by telnetting to the CUCM's IP and port 2000.  If that works the application logs and CUCM log should show why the phones are not registering to the publisher.  The CCM traces should be set to detailed when reproducing the problem too.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ciscovoiceguy
Level 1
Level 1

Can you check DHCP Pool having both PUB and SUB IP address assign in it.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you look at the config on the actual phone do you see both servers listed with the right IPs/hostnames?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you re-addressed the publisher from the CCMAdmin page was this done on the publisher or subscriber?  I'm suprised if you can even login to the CCMAdmin page after forgetting to change the entry under System > Server first because most of the time when that step is skipped A Cisco DB will not start.  If you try and login to the CCMAdmin web page or run a sql query from the CLI it will error.

To make sure the changes are fully updated can you run this query from the publisher and subscriber please?

run sql select * from processnode

Ciscovoiceguy:

No.  We only point to the Publisher.  The Publisher then provides the CM server list.

Javalenc: We only see the Subscriber in the list.

Joe:

I changed the system/server section.

The only part I missed was the System/Unified CM and System Unified CM Group pages.

When I changed the Unified CM name, it automatically changed the CM Group name.

I forgot to mention this...

When I restarted the Publisher, something happened I'd never seen before (see below)

I'm going to restart the Publisher tonight in hopes that it fixes the issue.

CLI

====================

admin:utils system restart

Do you really want to restart ?

Enter (yes/no)? yes

Appliance is being Restarted ...

Warning: Restart could take up to 5 minutes.

Shutting down Service Manager. Please wait...

Thu Aug 23 22:31:50 EDT 2012:Finalizer:close(): SQLException:

Thu Aug 23 22:31:50 EDT 2012:Finalizer:java.sql.SQLException: System or internal error java.io.IOException

at com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getSQLException(IfxErrMsg.java:483)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.a(IfxSqli.java:9184)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.receiveMessage(IfxSqli.java:2519)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.executeRollback(IfxSqli.java:727)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.rollback(IfxSqliConnect.java:2046)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.Connector.rollbackTransaction(Connector.java:566)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.Connector.close(Connector.java:440)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.Connector.finalize(Connector.java:603)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.invokeFinalizeMethod(Native Method)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.runFinalizer(Finalizer.java:83)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.access$100(Finalizer.java:14)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:160)

Caused by: java.io.IOException

at com.informix.asf.IfxDataInputStream.readFully(IfxDataInputStream.java:148)

at com.informix.asf.IfxDataInputStream.readSmallInt(IfxDataInputStream.java:453)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.receiveMessage(IfxSqli.java:2495)

... 9 more

|   Service Manager shutting down services... Please Wait  

Restart operation appears to be stuck

Would you like to force the Restart?

continue Restart (yes/no)? yes

Forcing Restart...

Ven Taylor

Are you able to run a basic SQL query from the publisher's CLI at this time?  If not is A Cisco DB running from "utils service list"?

Joe:

Yes.  The services all show up as started.

A little change in status...

I restarted the Cisco RIS Data Collector service and the phones are now showing up on the Publisher.

However, the initial problem I was having when this issue came up is still happeneing.

I can't get my phones to register to my Publisher.

I've got Option150 pointing to my Publisher, but when I block access from the phone to the Subscriber, the phone will not fail over to the Publisher.

Has anyone seen this before?

Ven

Ven Taylor

If the call manager service is running check that it's listening by telnetting to the CUCM's IP and port 2000.  If that works the application logs and CUCM log should show why the phones are not registering to the publisher.  The CCM traces should be set to detailed when reproducing the problem too.

Joe:

There was an ACL applied to the voice vlan at our local site.  It still reflected our old Publisher's IP.

ugh...  It's always the little things.

Thanks!

Ven

Ven Taylor
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: