cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 -- VG224 -- Loud Bell Issue

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

So as the title states, I am running CUCM 8.5 and am providing analog FXS over a VG224.  I have an IP phone with a DN that is shared with an analog device connected to the loud bell.  When I call the DN I hear a partial ring from both devices, then the analog device goes off hook and then the call is disconnected.  Any advice?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The VG may be unable to provide enough ring current for oth devices  device. You might try another loud bell, or there are SIP based ones that do not need FXS an all.

Yeah, this loud bell was working with the Mitel phone system that I replaced.  There is another loud bell that is having the same issue.  If this is a power issue do you think a ring amplifier could fix the issue?

You could try that as well, but a different loud bell could cost about the same.

Whats the config? might be way out there but i remembered i had to configure my dial-peers and set forward digits none to have something SLIGHTLY simliar function.

Forward-digits should not have any effect on ring current.

Beside, OP could be using SCCP hence no dial-peers at all.

Here's the config for the port in question:

stcapp supplementary-services

port 2/13

fallback-dn 8072

voice-port 2/13

ren 2

disconnect-ack

no pulse-digit-detection

signal groundStart

no vad

no comfort-noise

timeouts ringing infinity

dial-peer voice 213 pots

service stcapp

port 2/13

I am using SCCP for this gateway.  Just to reiterate, the loud bell is sounding a partial ring before it takes the line off hook and then disconnects it.  does this still point to a power issue?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jacob,

I'm curious about the Groundstart portion of the config....

have you tried Loopstart at all?

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

My friend Rob is, of course, correct. Should be loopstart.

All these items in the config have been added/changed because of testing. 

ren 2

disconnect-ack

no pulse-digit-detection

signal groundStart

no vad

no comfort-noise

So, yes, I have tried loopstart.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: