cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

CUCM 8.6.2 to 10.5 with pcd

Hi,

Im going to upgrade my cucm 8.6.2 (UCS  C220 esxi 5.0) to 10.5 using pcd.

What are the require file for this process from below list or let me know if required another.

ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.5.cop.sgn

UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.1.10000-7.sgn.iso

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=285963825&softwareid=282074295&release=10.5(1)&flowid=50402

or

Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.1.10000-7.sgn.iso

does it required bootable image(Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.1.10000-7.sgn.iso) or can we use (UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.1.10000-7.sgn.iso)

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Refresh file is only required

Refresh file is only required for in-place upgrade, migration using PCD does a fresh install of the nodes before migrating the info, you need bootable media, if you try upgrade media, it won't detect it as valid.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Highlighted

It sounds like he want to do

It sounds like he want to do upgrade on the same hardware, not a migration to new hardware or VMs.

In the case of a upgrade you need to have the upgrade files, not the bootable files.

UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.1.10000-7.sgn.iso

- Please rate helpful posts -
Highlighted

hi Christian, Yes im going to

hi Christian,

Yes im going to use same servers please clarify me on that.

what exactly I need for this upgrading using PCD

Thanks

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

If you're going to just do a

If you're going to just do a regular upgrade I wouldn't even mind on using PCD, the only difference you'll get is that you can schedule it, all the other prep-work, install cop files, change VM settings, etc has to be done manually.

You still need to review the RNs, upgrade guide and new and changed doc in order to gather all the info about pre-requirements for the upgrade, how to perform the upgrade, and what to change from the VM settings. If you haven't reviewed those 3 docs, that's the very first thing to do.

If you still want to use PCD, you need the upgrade file in the PCD FTP, the other cop files, you need to install manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Highlighted

Hi All,i have a issue with

Hi All,

i have a issue with common partition disk space  while checking before the upgrade task. 

i have deleted some file by following method.

1- delete some core file using RTMT but still its 22GB
(trace and log center - > remote browse -.> crash dumps -> cisco callmanager/cisco ctimanager)

2- file delete activelog /cm/trace/ccm/sdi/* noconfirm
3- changed the high/low level water mark

but still its 22GB free.

is there any other way to get free space without using ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.1.cop.sgn

since i cannot revert to previous version in case of any issue.

Thanks.

I

Highlighted

It's mean we need only

It's mean we need only bootable iso image?

Thanks Jaime,

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Cisco COVID-19 Survey