cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 and CUPS 8.5 Phones wont ring for IM alert

nanosynth
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unified Presence integrated with CUCM 8.6. tied with LDAP to Win 2008 server r2 active directory. Everything works as it should except one thing. When I send one phone an instant message from another phone, the message goes through perfectly but theres no iindication of a waiting instant message on the phone I sent the message to. I have "ring on alert" checked, but the phone doesn't ring on alert of an instant message. Where shoud I start looking on why this doesn't work. Also, shouldn't there be some type of visual indication on the phone display of an instant message that came through? I am not using cisco unified personal communicator, as I don't have this program.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fabricio Mora
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, have you tried associating the uses' phones to the respective cucm application user for ippm? After associting them remember to reset them right after.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nanosynth
Level 1
Level 1

No one is familiar with Unified Presence?

Fabricio Mora
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, have you tried associating the uses' phones to the respective cucm application user for ippm? After associting them remember to reset them right after.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Ok, I did the above and two out of the three phones ring on alert now. Thanks! One is a 7960 SCCP phone and one is the softphone. They ring on alert of an instant message. The 7970 color screen SIP phone doesn't ring on alert, even though it does have full instant message functionality and is integrated in CUPS. This tells me it's something not selected in the SIP trunk config to CUPS perhaps? Any thoughts?

Great news!! can you please try to check all the "

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: