Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 and Lync 2010 Integration

ciscovoiceguy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Can i integrate CUCM 8.6 and Lync 2010 directly ?.Or do i need CUPS inorder to integrate with Lync 2010 ?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Hi

Check the below

Hope that help you

1)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14478#Connecting_MS_Lync_to_CUCM_713

2)

http://blog.unplugthepbx.com/category/lync/

3)

Atatched

4)

Attached

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi,

Thanks for your  reply. Do i need to have  separate DID Extension Range for Lync Clinets and Cisco IP Phones?

thanks

Hi

I am not 100 sure but i think that will be the same numbers , because you are going to integrate cucm with lync

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Douglas Crane
Level 1
Level 1

You do not need CUPS! Lync sever provides it's own presence. The Lync server connects to the CUCM server via a SIP trunk for calls. However keep in mind that when you use Lync to place the calls the Lync server must be configured to deal with the routing and transformations of +E.164 calls. Which is the only kind of numbers you can use with Lync. Not hard to normalize once you know this.

Lync only calls are handled by the Lync server and PSTN or VoIP calls are handed off to the call manager.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Douglas,

I am not using any +E.164 number.Is it compalsory to use +E.164 number

The Lync server will only recognize numbers in that format.. They must be entered into ADUC in this way...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Just adding a Cisco document explaining the integration:

Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition using Direct SIP to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5(1)

Also, this statement is incorrect:

I am not 100 sure but i think that will be the same numbers , because you are going to integrate cucm with lync

Both PBXes need clear routing instruction. When someone dials +14045550100 CUCM needs to know whether that's a local DN, a route to Lync, or a number on the PSTN. There is no extra magic that happens between CUCM and Lync than any other off-cluster PBX or PSTN integration; you just tell CUCM what pattern to route where.

The closest you can get to "same number" would be to use the Mobile Connect (Simultaneous Ring) feature.

Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition using Direct SIP to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5(1) Simultaneous Ring Feature

Be careful how far you wade into these waters. You are spinning up a second PBX and will incur the operational support costs of two systems, not one. My advise is usually to pick one platform or the other, not both.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Is there a newer version of the doc , say for example, for CUCM 9.x ?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: