Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 and TSP 32 bit

Stefano Amici
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm planning to upgrade my CUCM cluster from 6.1 to 8.6(2) but I'm having issue with a CTI application that is using TSP.

In a lab environment I configurd the same apllication user and CTI Port and Route Point on CUCM; then I installed new TSP (32 bit) and wave driver on CTI application server but CTI Port didn't go to registered status.

On TSP log file I can find the following trace:

16:13:53.671 |   CSelsiusTSPWaveList::GetAvailWave() *ERROR* No wave available

16:13:53.671 |   CSelsiusTSPDevice::ReserveMediaChannel() addr. mode [0] *ERROR* GetAvailWave() returned WAVELIST_NOT_ASSIGNED

16:13:53.671 |   CSelsiusTSPDevice::OpenDevice() [Ellysse_68100] *ERROR* Unable to reserve media channel for device.

Anyone could help me?

Thank in advance.

Regard,

Stefano

9 Replies 9

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Where are you seeing these error logs at?  I am also just upgrade to 8.6(2) and using the TSP version and i am having an issue with my CTI Route point registering.  My CTI ports are registered however.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your post - we had the same issue.  Upgraded CUCM from 8.5.1 to 8.6.2.

Re-installed the new version of TSP and switched to Media Driver, instead of WAVE driver (a working config we had on another system).  CTI Ports registered, but CTI Route Points did not.

Changed the CDC to IPv4 only and started working (after rebooting CUBAC server).

Thanks!!

Gordon

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Ok, I just started looking a little closer at the debugs for TSP and I noticed this error:

CSelsiusTSPDevice::OpenDevice() [R030014AA100031] *ERROR* m_DeviceList->OpenDevice() failed with error 0x8CCC00F3

This error 0x8CCC00F3 is noted below:

0x8CCC00F3 (2362179827)IPAddress mode (IPv4 or IPv6 or both) specified by the application  does not match with IP Addressing mode that is configured in Unified CM  Administration; check the IP addressing mode of the device in Cisco  Unified CM Administration (Device > Device Settings > Common  Device Configuration)

So I changed my route point to use no CDC for testing and it registered!  This also may be your fix action.  When i was on the TSP version previous 8.6(1) I had this configuration and there were no issues.

Matt

Hi Matt,

thank you for your answer.

In my environment I succesfully registered CTI Route Point while CTI Port stayed in Unknown status.

In your TSP Logs did you find any trace like WAVE error? Did you follow the standard procedure to install TSP and Wave Driver and configure CTI Port on Cisco CallManager?

Regards,

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

we're running here in exact the same issue. Were you able to solve your problem?

Kind regards,

Vasco

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Stefano

Did you find a solution for the problem?

We are facing the same issue on our ARC Enterprise Attendant Console after the upgrade to CUCM 8.6(2a). The CTI Ports can not be controlled using the old Wave Driver and there are "GetAvailWave() *ERROR* No wave available" errors in the TSP log.

When using the new Media Driver the CTI ports work fine but this is unfortunately not supported by ARC.

Please share if you have any news regarding the issue.

Many thanks

Regards

Stefan

Hi Vasco and Stefan,

we solved the issue installing a previous version of wave driver on CTI Server; after that CTI port are able to register to CallManager using wave driver configuration in TSP.

Regards,

Stefano

Hi Stefano

Thanks for the reply.

We have installed the TSP of CUCM 8.5.1 in accordance with ARC support and now the CTI ports are working fine.

Regards

Stefan

matt.frenaux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've just met exactly the same issue with CUCM 9.1(2) and CUBAC 9.1.

This workaround has solved my issue :

Changed the CDC to IPv4 only and started working (after rebooting CUBAC server).

Regards

Matthieu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: