Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 E1 with MFC-R2

I have read that in last versions like Call Manager 4.1, the MFC-R2 was not supported, it this feature still remains in CUCM 8.6?

best regards

5 Replies 5

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If the MFC-R2 is terminating on a Cisco router.

I can not see any reason why it could not work as either an H323 or SIP gateway.

The E1/R2 will be associated to the POTS side with dial peers etc

Here is a link to an old MFC-R2 set up between CCM and Nortel

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/36nte1r2.pdf

Regards

Alex

Please rate useful posts

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Sorry I forgot the two most importan word MGCP gateway.

I already have my CUCM v 8.0 with a route pattern point to my h323 gateway (2911 router), this router is configuring with the next:

controller E1 0/0/0

framing NO-CRC4

line-termination 75-ohm

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-14,17-30 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani

cas-custom 0

country telmex

category 2

answer-signal group-b 1

caller-digits 4

dnis-digits min 4 max 13

ani-digits min 8 max 13

dnis-complete

timer interdigit incoming 1000

groupa-callerid-end

description DIRECCION PSTN

I wanth to migrate the h323 gateway to a MGCP gateway, so I wantn to know if CUCM is ready to support MGCP gateway with MFC/R2 Signaling.

Regards

You could have found the answer already by searching:

MGCP does NOT support E1 R2, as well many other important telephony features. Cisco has not announced any plans to integrate E1 R2 in MGCP.

In fact, you should never downgrade from H.323 to MGCP, because in doing so, you loose features, flexibility, robustness and managebility, to gain instead bugs and limitations.

Thank you Paolo.

I already finish to configure my telephony network and I'm going to leave it like this, I can manage all my telephony routes very well with h323 implementation.

best regards

You're wlecome, please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.