cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 - Phone Show "Unregistered" on Publisher / "Registered" on Subscriber Admin Page

Good morning,

Seeing an odd issue - from what I understand from one of my colleagues this is just a cosmetic bug in this release.

CUCM version 8.6.2.20000-2

When the DP is pointed to a CM group that has PUB-SUB01-SUB02 in the list, the phones register to the publisher and you see them in the admin page as "REGISTERED TO CUCMPUB"

When I pointed them to register to SUB02-SUB01-PUB, the phones register and are functional, but when you look on the admin page through the publisher it says UNREGISTERED. If I login to either of the subscribers, the phones show as REGISTERED WITH CUCMSUB01 or REGISTERED WITH CUCMSUB02

Any idea what could be causing this? I can't trust this to go into production.

FYI - the servers are configured as DNS records, not IP addresses.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Restarting RIS data collector will not affect production.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

It is recommended to use IP instead DNS , Anyway please find the below command (after login using SSH on pub)

set network dns {primary | secondary} ip-address

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Ismal, thank you for your reply but that does not really relate to the question at hand here.

DNS is alreayd configured and operational, and the phones do register to all the servers, they just show up as UNREGISTERED in the publisher's web admin page when they are registered to the subscribers. The admin pages on teh subscribers do show the servers correctly registered.

Hi,

Can you try RIS Data Collector service in Call Manager PUB?

Serviceability ---Control Center ---Network Services

rgeds,

aman

Hi ,

Can try restarting RIS Data Collector service in Call Manager PUB?

regds,

aman

Will this affect any phones currently in production?

I do not think so since RIS data collector service is used for getting status of IP phones/gateways.

regds,

aman

Restarting RIS data collector will not affect production.

Thank you, I have restared RIS collector service and the issue has been corrected.

Good , problem has been resolved.