Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 TFTP problem

asp-pts01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Im trying to register 7940 phone. It shows the TFTP timeout error, by using both 66 and 150 dhcp options. As for the next im trying to download XMLDefault.cnf.xml and SEP...cfg by using TFTP client util, and have the same timeout error. Trying to restart tftp service became failure.

In CUCM TFTP service settings I can see ip parametr is 127.0.0.1 and it cannot be changed - is it OK?

image.png

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,

That is usual as it represents the self IP address of the TFTP server. Could you try enabling TFTP client on windows machine by navigating to Programs & Features --> Turn windows features on or off --> checking TFTP client. Once done, enter the below command from Command line and try to get the file you want:

tftp -i 10.10.229.21 get XMLDefault.cnf.xml

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate if helpful

View solution in original post

Its says connect request failed. do you have any firewall blocking in between ?

Could see that you have configured this phone with SIP and not SCCP. Hence CUCM would not have generated that file. You can try to get "SIPDefault.cnf" file

Or you can also get the actual config file "SIPXXXXYYYYZZZZ.cnf" where XXXXYYYYZZZZ is the actual MAC address of the phone. If you want SEP0000BBED7F353.cnf.xml, delete this phone in CUCM and reconfigure as an SCCP phone.

HTH
Rajan

8 Replies 8

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,

That is usual as it represents the self IP address of the TFTP server. Could you try enabling TFTP client on windows machine by navigating to Programs & Features --> Turn windows features on or off --> checking TFTP client. Once done, enter the below command from Command line and try to get the file you want:

tftp -i 10.10.229.21 get XMLDefault.cnf.xml

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate if helpful

Same error..

image.png

Its says connect request failed. do you have any firewall blocking in between ?

THX you! On windows machine firewall was activated. After deactivating I successfuly download XMLDefault.cnf.xml, but with phone settings file SEP0000BBED7F353.cnf.xml have a problem. 

image.png

Could see that you have configured this phone with SIP and not SCCP. Hence CUCM would not have generated that file. You can try to get "SIPDefault.cnf" file

Or you can also get the actual config file "SIPXXXXYYYYZZZZ.cnf" where XXXXYYYYZZZZ is the actual MAC address of the phone. If you want SEP0000BBED7F353.cnf.xml, delete this phone in CUCM and reconfigure as an SCCP phone.

HTH
Rajan

THX you very much!

You are welcome :) glad it helped